The Late Non-Fumble Review

UNTflyer

I'm pretty sure that barking out or signals is supposed to be a penalty on them...so pretty bush league for them to be doing that stuff.

That is correct. If they are doing that, they are supposed to get a delay of game. But, in order for that to happen, the refs would need to know the rules. Clearly, that was not the case. Worst officiated game I have ever seen. Not that it is an excuse for the result, but it was an absolutely terrible job from the refs.

It's pretty embarrassing when your Athletic Director rushes to the field because of a blown call. It was a bad decision of the refs not to blow it down, but come on? Seriously RV? Was Deloss Dodds running out of the Cotton Bowl press boxes when some of those officials made bad calls in the UT/OU game?

On the flipside of this, does DeLoss Dodds ever walk around the parking lot several hours prior to the game greeting people at different tailgate areas?

Rick Villareal has demonstrated time and again that he has an intense passion for OUR University to succeed.

You wanted to go down there and chew out a referee too didn't you? It's because you're a fan. I think you would be hard-pressed to find a bigger UNT athletics fan than Rick Villareal.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

On the flipside of this, does DeLoss Dodds ever walk around the parking lot several hours prior to the game greeting people at different tailgate areas?

Rick Villareal has demonstrated time and again that he has an intense passion for OUR University to succeed.

You wanted to go down there and chew out a referee too didn't you? It's because you're a fan. I think you would be hard-pressed to find a bigger UNT athletics fan than Rick Villareal.

Great post.

Great post.

Yeh, he was out there talking to the crowd before the game because he loves us and is interesting in how we feel. I have never had a more on sided conversation in my life. Ever. Instead, he saddles up to us and tries to sell us a $36k family plan on the club level (and a pizza). He isn't out there talking to me, he is out there selling me. I don't have any problem with that at all. Just don't pee on my leg and tell me it is rain.

I wish RV could raise some money outside of our parking lot and the dorms -- you know, like it he was advertised in his 2000 hring press release.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Yeh, he was out there talking to the crowd before the game because he loves us and is interesting in how we feel. I have never had a more on sided conversation in my life. Ever. Instead, he saddles up to us and tries to sell us a $36k family plan on the club level (and a pizza). He isn't out there talking to me, he is out there selling me. I don't have any problem with that at all. Just don't pee on my leg and tell me it is rain.

I wish RV could raise some money outside of our parking lot and the dorms -- you know, like it he was advertised in his 2000 hring press release.

But that's his job, to sell to everyone. Outside of those who are on campus on game days, who else is he going to sell to that has even a remote interest in a program whose fans have seen exactly 5 home wins the past 5 years?

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick

For goodness sakes man. Do you want a new stadium or not?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

The pace RV went down those stairs was funny. He wanted a piece of a ref I think. Those refs were beyond horrible all night. Another reason I want us out of this bush league.

Makes me wonder if the conference trains the crews, or we hire outside people to do it

What if our crews were being trained by the same people as CUSA?

Anyone know how that works?

So because Deloss Dodds at UT, or any other AD isn't rushing the field for blown calls, they don't care?

Funny, the very thought of Deloss Dodds being upset about a blown call. He's at UT so all blown calls automatically are to benefit his team. If, if, a blown call ever went against UT, he would have a lot more of a reaction than Rick Villarreal and the officiating crew responsible would have their employment terminated by Monday morning.