This Weekend

Scrappy '03

Two in the boat, and one BIG fish that may very well want to swim in a school with them.

If/when they make a stadium announcement about basketball season or tickets... PLEASE give a cheer. Loud as you can.

If this weekend goes well and we lock up the big recruit, I'll go out on a limb and say that this will supersede the very outstanding 2007 class as the strongest class in recent history. And that's with 4 more scholarships left to give.

If you see a very tall, powerful young black man wandering around with an Eagle Angel nearby... Don't talk to him. But feel free to loudly discuss with a friend (or yourself, or nobody else at all) every horrible thing you've ever heard or made up about Arkansas. The school, the state... Whatever. Go nuts with your Arkansas slander.

And maybe in a few weeks, we get another huge piece of the future puzzle.

• Upvote 1

Two in the boat, and one BIG fish that may very well want to swim in a school with them.

If/when they make a stadium announcement about basketball season or tickets... PLEASE give a cheer. Loud as you can.

If this weekend goes well and we lock up the big recruit, I'll go out on a limb and say that this will supersede the very outstanding 2007 class as the strongest class in recent history. And that's with 4 more scholarships left to give.

If you see a very tall, powerful young black man wandering around with an Eagle Angel nearby... Don't talk to him. But feel free to loudly discuss with a friend (or yourself, or nobody else at all) every horrible thing you've ever heard or made up about Arkansas. The school, the state... Whatever. Go nuts with your Arkansas slander.

And maybe in a few weeks, we get another huge piece of the future puzzle.

You know what's crazy...I had a friend, lets say his name was Dolenti Ibrum, and he was a very gifted tennis player. Went to meet with the Arkansas tennis coach about filling a potential scholarship...the Hogs offered, but told my friend, Dolenti Ibrum, that he had to sign his LOI in an odd looking room on the south side of campus...turned out that room was actually a railcar...and as soon as Dolenti stepped in they backed the engine to his car and rode the rails all the way to Dachau.

I never saw my friend, Delonti Ibrum, again.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

You know what's crazy...I had a friend, lets say his name was Dolenti Ibrum, and he was a very gifted tennis player. Went to meet with the Arkansas tennis coach about filling a potential scholarship...the Hogs offered, but told my friend, Dolenti Ibrum, that he had to sign his LOI in an odd looking room on the south side of campus...turned out that room was actually a railcar...and as soon as Dolenti stepped in they backed the engine to his car and rode the rails all the way to Dachau.

I never saw my friend, Delonti Ibrum, again.

Did you know that the entire state of Arkansas has outlawed dancing? Seriously. No dancing allowed. Music in general is frowned upon and potentially a misdemeanor offense.

The whole state is like Footloose.

Other than their annual bacchanalian ritual sacrifice (they pick the newest 6'8" black guy that's come to town to chop up and feed to their hog mascot), it's like living among the Amish up there.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Did you know that the entire state of Arkansas has outlawed dancing? Seriously. No dancing allowed. Music in general is frowned upon and potentially a misdemeanor offense.

The whole state is like Footloose.

Other than their annual bacchanalian ritual sacrifice (they pick the newest 6'8" black guy that's come to town to chop up and feed to their hog mascot), it's like living among the Amish up there.

And they call The University of North Texas the "Cadillac" of basketball schools.

What's Arkansas? Well, it's like a 1994 Ford Mustang GT. It was really cool in 1994, but now? It's best served as one of the cars that Robosaurus destroys at the monster truck rally... an afterthought.

And they call The University of North Texas the "Cadillac" of basketball schools.

What's Arkansas? Well, it's like a 1994 Ford Mustang GT. It was really cool in 1994, but now? It's best served as one of the cars that Robosaurus destroys at the monster truck rally... an afterthought.

Did you know that part of freshman orientation at the University of Arkansas involves amputating a toe from each incoming student?

If I didn't want sick, twisted Arkansans mutilating my body... I'd definitely make it a point NOT to go to Arkansas for college.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Did you know that part of freshman orientation at the University of Arkansas involves amputating a toe from each incoming student?

If I didn't want sick, twisted Arkansans mutilating my body... I'd definitely make it a point NOT to go to Arkansas for college.

Is that before or after you have to provide the proof that you have slept with at least 1 first cousin ? That Arkansas is a silly place there

Is that before or after you have to provide the proof that you have slept with at least 1 first cousin ? That Arkansas is a silly place there

Before. If you HAVEN'T slept with a first cousin...they...umm...uhhh...they don't take a toe...

Yikes.

• Upvote 1

Before.

You move to Arkansas. You check in with the Arkansas State Board of Injecting You With 3 Strains of Hepatitis.

Then they go through the standard forms and requirements. This is where you have to either submit proof of cousin/farm animal intercourse or carry out an act of intercourse with cousin/farm animal in the presence of a state official and certified notary.

Then you go to freshman orientation and they chop off a toe.

There's other stuff in there, I'm sure the rest of the guys here can fill in the gaps. But that's the rough sequence for what we've already covered.

If it were me, and I had a bright basketball future... I'd stay the hell away from the state and the university of Arkansas.

• Upvote 1

Before.

You move to Arkansas. You check in with the Arkansas State Board of Injecting You With 3 Strains of Hepatitis.

Then they go through the standard forms and requirements. This is where you have to either submit proof of cousin/farm animal intercourse or carry out an act of intercourse with cousin/farm animal in the presence of a state official and certified notary.

Then you go to freshman orientation and they chop off a toe.

There's other stuff in there, I'm sure the rest of the guys here can fill in the gaps. But that's the rough sequence for what we've already covered.

If it were me, and I had a bright basketball future... I'd stay the hell away from the state and the university of Arkansas.

HAHAHAHAHA!!!! TastyGreek chimes in again with complete and fullproof ignorance.

Arkansas does not have notaries my friend, they notch your ear like they do on pigs:

g1880-8.jpg

It's painful, but it gets the job done.

You've pretty much covered the rest.

• Upvote 1

Have no idea what Abron will do but he seems to have bonded well with the team and having a good time. I entered the FB game tonight on the student section. Immediately saw Trey Norris and Jordan Williams together. Yards behind were Josh White, George Odufawa, Kendrick Hogans and Tristan Thompson entering the game with Abron. Seemed to be having a good time with Hogans and Tristan.

Anyway, I sat on the alum side and bailed out at halftime.

Have no idea what Abron will do but he seems to have bonded well with the team and having a good time. I entered the FB game tonight on the student section. Immediately saw Trey Norris and Jordan Williams together. Yards behind were Josh White, George Odufawa, Kendrick Hogans and Tristan Thompson entering the game with Abron. Seemed to be having a good time with Hogans and Tristan.

Please...please...please...please for all the pain that we must suffer as UNT football fans. Please let one good thing come from this weekend.

Please...please...please...please for all the pain that we must suffer as UNT football fans. Please let one good thing come from this weekend.

Didn't go to the game, but when I talked to Jordan, he said it was pretty empty inside. But he did say Devonta was having a good time. Text him, and he didn't reply, that could be a good sign too ;)

Who was the big kid, looked like he was about 6'8", sitting with the football recruits. I saw him talking to Coach Jones and Jordan Williams during half time. He was wearing a white t-shirt, but I didn't see what it said on the front.

Who was the big kid, looked like he was about 6'8", sitting with the football recruits. I saw him talking to Coach Jones and Jordan Williams during half time. He was wearing a white t-shirt, but I didn't see what it said on the front.

This is either a bit or an Arkansas fan come to try his hand at funny.

Okay, that's him in the baseball link, but UNT doesn't have a baseball team. Why would he be sitting in the recruit section?

He has a rivals link for basketball, but it was acting funny the day I replied (loading sometimes, loading as an error page other times) so I went with a baseball link to make sure his bio would load.

Here's his Rivals basketball page. Seems to be working fine now (though it isn't particularly informative).

Also bears noting that he didn't sit with the basketball recruits, but rather with the football ones.

My apologies...when I first read this I thought that the 6'8" kid you were referencing was in fact Devonta Abron and you were just trying to be funny.

I think SUMG can speak more to this, but I believe Choplik has UNT ties...dad played basketball and mom was a track star here? Something like that.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

My apologies...when I first read this I thought that the 6'8" kid you were referencing was in fact Devonta Abron and you were just trying to be funny.

I think SUMG can speak more to this, but I believe Choplik has UNT ties...dad played basketball and mom was a track star here? Something like that.

Yeah....I posted over on the recruiting board....that Adrian Choplick played for us in the late 80s, as I recall. I'm pretty sure he was on our first NCAA tournament team. (1988). Not sure about Adam's mom (Adrian's wife)....if you heard that she was a track star here, that's probably right. Here's one thing I remember about Adrian: His mom was the national women's arm wrestling champion.

Edited by SUMG