After Injuries Will Our Replacement Players Be Enough?

PlummMeanGreen

How do we matchup with our next 3 home games for you close to the X's and O's. Many of us would be interested.

Injuries for each of our next 3 opponents? Any key injuries for them, too?

Can we beat FIU at home? They are pretty salty this year--ask the TAMU Aggies.

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

Before the season, many of our Sun Belt foes were going to have holes due to graduation. That was part of the reason for my optimism for 2010 - Canales was going to be leading a group of experience players against inexperienced foes:

ULL: 5 returning starters of offense, 6 on defense

ULM: 4 and 4

ASU: 6 and 5

FAU: 3 and 8

FIU: 5 and 4

MTSU: 7 and 6

Troy: 5 and 3

WKU: 9 and 9

Basically, every team is lacking in some area in a major way. Lousiana graduated three linemen - ditto FAU, FIU, ULM. FIU graduated 6 of their front 7. Troy lost almost everyone on defense.

Really, WKU and us were the only two schools to return the vast majority of our starters. So, what the injuries have done, is lowered our experience level to about what everyone else had going into the season.

The outlier is MTSU. And, that is who should achieve great things this year. If they can't do it with this squad, even with Dasher being suspended, then it Stockstill won't ever be able to do it.

I expected us to have many Sun Belt wins by double digits in 2010. Instead, the injuries will have us in dogfights week after week.

For dogfights, I prefer what we saw last night. 3-to-1 run to pass ratio so that we don't have to rely on Riley's arm...or get him exposed to many big hits in the pocket. A defense that may bend, but not break.

If we can do this, we should still win three or four more in the Belt. And finish 4-8 or 5-7. As stated before the season, I am fine with Dodge staying if we can break even in the Belt. If we can't, it's time to say goodbye. The talent level in the Belt this year just isn't that high once you get past MTSU and Troy.

Plum,I've known u for 20+ years & thats the shortest statement you have made since u were a child..........congradulations Keep it up!

DK, I think its been 30 plus years but that's OK, 20 makes us both seem younger. :thumbsup:

Brevity? A complete stranger to me in anything I've ever typed (or keyboarded). :rolleyes: I am working on it, though, and have even joined a support group to help me deal with things that makes life more difficult. :huh:

GMG!