Next Head Coach Poll

texas51

Man this is entertaining. You guys are Going about this all wrong. The first thing you guys need to address is what qualities does your new ahead coach need to have. Ex recruiter, marketing, experience building programs, experience building sting defense or offense. Second you need to ask is how much will this coach change your program and are you willing to wait for those changes to pay off. Ex going after another spread coach or a defensive coach. Then you should look at what type o program is this coach used to. Dodge had the best players a high school coach could ask for. Now he's on the other side of that coin. I would think it would be good to hire a coach that can develope players. After that you should be able to filter the coaches that would best fit your program.

Like Gray Eagle said, these threads are rarely serious anymore but...

...for the first time in my adult life next Fall, we won't have to cower down like a whooped dog which we've had to about our present stadium which is IMHO the human equivalent of the elephant man or the hump-backed Quasi Moto; a stadium which has held us back for most of the modern era of NCAA football and made other would-be conferences we wanted in think "is UNT really serious about being in our conference with "THAT" stadium?"

If you Bobcats get into the WAC a hardy congrats, but I can tell you that you all will have taken the easy road to get to the FBS compared to the roller coaster rides at UNT with all the many different athletic eras with a cast of thousands athletic dept. employess. Plus we got to see every damn shade of green on the color wheel for team unis and helmets with more ways than you could ever count to put NT or UNT with so many fonts.

But...I can now at last defer to the signature below because we get a long over-due and well-deserved fresh new start with our New Stadium At The Mean Green Village which I also hope raises the expectations of some of the posters on this forum who forever think small time accompanied with small goals for Mean Green football, ie, those who for whatever reason don't think we are good enough to model our program after a Boise State or even a TCU. TCU? A school who got so very jump-kicked out of the Big Time post the Southwest Conference meltdown with most of their Frog elect giving up completely as far as having a place at the table of the elite...........but only to see their leaders regroup TCU football, start thinking bigger than even when they were part of the SWC and now watching them (just like Boise) raise their own Phoenix from the desert sands to BCS Bowls.

I am sorry for so many of our fellow UNT alums who didn't live long enough to see their own same dreams of such a football palace that (quite frankly) we all can't wait for its ribbon-cutting ceremony.

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

I'd like to know why MeanGreenBob isn't on this ballot. I'm not voting until he is.

Think about it, he already goes to the games. If you ask him, he knows more about coaching than the current regime. Plus, he has proven to be an effective communicator with the players and RV. What more could we ask for?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

BUMP!

C'mon people! You mean to tell me that you would like to have some washed-up dudes who've been out of coaching for a few years, or a headcase, pirate lover rather than an immortal immortal coach?

And in the rare instances where we might get outcoached, Zombie Landry can feast on the brains of the opposing coach. Problem solved.

This thing could work, people.

Maybe Zombie Landry smokes, and maybe he doesn't.

But Zombie Landry doesn't have a gear for reverse. It's a constant, steady forward shuffle of progress. No turning around, no going backwards. See the goal, and stumble towards it vacantly until you have it in your grasp. No amount of adversity will deter Zombie Landry.

Maybe Zombie Landry smokes, and maybe he doesn't.

But Zombie Landry doesn't have a gear for reverse. It's a constant, steady forward shuffle of progress. No turning around, no going backwards. See the goal, and stumble towards it vacantly until you have it in your grasp. No amount of adversity will deter Zombie Landry.

Funny how Zombie Landry sounds like Chuck Norris if he lowered himself from crushing all his enemies and hearing the lamentation of the women all day to playing football.

Chuck%20Norris.jpg

Notice the custom "Chuck Plays For UNT Only Pajama Pants" ???

• Upvote 1