Attendance

island eagle

SMU had more wins last year than UNT has in several years

SMU won the same amount of bowl games last year than UNT has in the last two decades (or than SMU had as well) but SMU will probably be in another bowl game this year and I would imagine they will win it

SMU plays and beats better teams in a conference that UNT dreams of playing in

SMU has a coach that has coached at every level of football and has proven success in the college ranks....UNT has a coach that is about to be let go and had some success (pretty impressive success) at a program that has been one of the strongest in Texas for a long time, but before that his coaching record was not that impressive

SMU will still have a larger stadium and a stadium that is just as nice and probably nicer than the one UNT will have and the SMU stadium will be hosting a bowl game for the next 2 years at least

so let us all know when that upside comes because until then SMU has something of substance and UNT has a bag of wishes and next years and attendance numbers

I don't think anyone at SMU would trade places with UNT and their "upside" now or in the next decade

Edited by TodgeRodge
  • Downvote 3

SMU won the same amount of bowl games last year than UNT has in the last two decades (or than SMU had as well) but SMU will probably be in another bowl game this year and I would imagine they will win it

SMU has a coach that has coached at every level of football and has proven success in the college ranks....UNT has a coach that is about to be let go and had some success (pretty impressive success) at a program that has been one of the strongest in Texas for a long time, but before that his coaching record was not that impressive

SMU will still have a larger stadium and a stadium that is just as nice and probably nicer than the one UNT will have and the SMU stadium will be hosting a bowl game for the next 2 years at least

so let us all know when that upside comes because until then SMU has something of substance and UNT has a bag of wishes and next years and attendance numbers

I don't think anyone at SMU would trade places with UNT and their "upside" now or in the next decade

And now, in our darkest hour, when brother turns against brother... A sacrificial lamb comes along to unite us in our rage and anger.

• Upvote 6

Attendance for North Texas last night=23,000 plus. Attendance for SMU=16,000 plus. We still have the bigger upside and they know it.

For what its worth, there has always been an under-lying reason that SMU wants to blackball UNT at every turn when they think anything may enhance what we are doing in Denton. One day I think new leadership at SMU will have a change of heart.

This new stadium that looks so beautiful even half complete I think will be a true, genuine DFW collegiate sports culture shock to the 'Stangs. Mark that in 3 inch headlines!

GMG!

PS: I was told last night that our stadium will initially seat 35,000. Is that true?

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

let me know when your 28K seating capacity and 32K max capacity stadium gets 34,500 there for a game

and just because something is new does not mean it is suddenly the nicest around

Let me know when SMU learns to count butts in seats and not tickets sold. Hell, let me know when your 34000 number isn't mainly the opposing fans or people dressed as empty seats.

We may be in the midst of a nightmarish run but outselling SMU tells me whst the ponies have always known...even at their best record wise they will always be met by a collective "yaaaawwwn"

Edited by emmitt01

let me know when your 28K seating capacity and 32K max capacity stadium gets 34,500 there for a game

and just because something is new does not mean it is suddenly the nicest around

I never said "because something is new" that "it is the nicest around". I said that I believe that it will be as nice or nicer than Ford in my opinion (yes I have been to Ford). As far as capacity, although the total seating capacity (i.e. specific number) will only be known at or near completion, I have been told by individuals in the athletic department that it will be between 32K and 34K with space for more fans on the grass in the South Endzone. I will take their word over yours.

BanHim.jpg

• Upvote 1

I never said "because something is new" that "it is the nicest around". I said that I believe that it will be as nice or nicer than Ford in my opinion (yes I have been to Ford). As far as capacity, although the total seating capacity (i.e. specific number) will only be known at or near completion, I have been told by individuals in the athletic department that it will be between 32K and 34K with space for more fans on the grass in the South Endzone. I will take their word over yours.

and UNT has given a lot of verbal capacity counts.....and even put some on the web.....only to remove them later

http://www.google.com/#sclient=psy&hl=en&q=unt+stadium+capacity&aq=f&aqi=g2g-o1&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=&pbx=1&fp=ab5cdb1806fef4aa

New Stadium at University of North Texas - What's New

Jun 30, 2010 ... UNT stadium moving forward easy choice for Story of the Year ... The official proposal listed a seating capacity of 28000 seats, ...

www.unt.edu/stadium/whats-new.htm - Cached - Similar

and even then seating capacity, fans in the seats....really means nothing to anyone if the wins are not there.....and that is what UNT has a major issue with

and UNT has given a lot of verbal capacity counts.....and even put some on the web.....only to remove them later

http://www.google.com/#sclient=psy&hl=en&q=unt+stadium+capacity&aq=f&aqi=g2g-o1&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=&pbx=1&fp=ab5cdb1806fef4aa

Jun 30, 2010 ... UNT stadium moving forward easy choice for Story of the Year ... The official proposal listed a seating capacity of 28000 seats, ...

and even then seating capacity, fans in the seats....really means nothing to anyone if the wins are not there.....and that is what UNT has a major issue with

I was told last night that the initial seating had been upgraded, but I don't know how valid that was--but I hope that info was very valid.

28K would sorta' make us a Texas collegiate folly among our Texas college peers in so many ways that I presume some on our campus don't quite understand. A school with an approx. 37,000 record-breaking enrollment building a smaller stadium than the one it already has (as in Fouts Field)? That's almost like that first olympic size swimming pool built by UNT in the old PEB a while back that (get this)..........mistakenly fell 1 foot short of being olympic size. Get my drift? (That goof-up was quickly swept under the carpet for what its worth, too).

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1

The 28000 is from August 2009 and not from June 30,2010 as you try to imply from your limited ability to interpret a google search. The fact that winning increases attendance (as proven by SMU's numbers against UAB) isn't really arguable.

You are a fool if you believe that latter part of this sentence.

ban_him.jpg

Edited by All About UNT
  • Upvote 1

You are a fool if you believe that latter part of this sentence.

ban_him.jpg

That's it! Joaquin Phoenix as our next head football coach! That is, if Mike Leach or the former Houston Oiler coach, ie, the "Man in Black" dude who used to leave game tickets for Elvis at will call both turn us down first! (insert sarcasm into this post, please).

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen