Mean Green Soccer Vs. Unm

Mean Green Matt

Opponent: The New Mexico Fighting Elizabeth Lamberts

Kickoff: In about 35 minutes.

This will be the first true test of the year for the soccer team, and it will show us where we stand as a team. I'm about to head over to the field. I'll post updates for goals, and if anything peculiar happens. Go Mean Green! Beat the Lobos!

Edited by Mean Green Matt

1-1 at the half. With about 7 minute left there was a crazy collision between Kelsey hodges and a new Mexico player. Both were going for the ball and hodges rocked her. Hodges appeared ok, but did go down. She reentered the game less than a minute later. The NM player appeared to have a concussion. She was replaced with Elizabeth lambert who is yet to pull a ponytail.

• Upvote 1

so is this a good result? a win would have been great, but a tie against a decent team is good???

In the second half....we only had the ball maybe 5 minutes of the 45 minute half....and im being generous with that...we had 2 shots on goal that half....they dominated possession and yet we were able to earn the tie so yes ill say its good.

Very much agree that the outcome was a good result for UNT. The NM teams was overall bigger, faster, quicker and stronger than the Mean Green (who actually looked like they were sleep-walking throughout the game...must have been tired from the recent travel). Showing that they can get a result when playing what would be seen as a "superior team" and when they definitely were not on top of their game, is a very good sign for this young team. I still think the Mean Green will be a team to be reckoned with during conference play. Good to see a nice crowd at yesterday's game as well.

Got to see Bostonsports, Mean Green Matt and sat with SUMG (see I told you SUMG was a closet soccer fan...he may now be coming out of the closet... :lol: !

Nice job, ladies...GO MEAN GREEN!

Very much agree that the outcome was a good result for UNT. The NM teams was overall bigger, faster, quicker and stronger than the Mean Green (who actually looked like they were sleep-walking throughout the game...must have been tired from the recent travel). Showing that they can get a result when playing what would be seen as a "superior team" and when they definitely were not on top of their game, is a very good sign for this young team. I still think the Mean Green will be a team to be reckoned with during conference play. Good to see a nice crowd at yesterday's game as well.

Got to see Bostonsports, Mean Green Matt and sat with SUMG (see I told you SUMG was a closet soccer fan...he may now be coming out of the closet... :lol: !

Nice job, ladies...GO MEAN GREEN!

Appeared the ladies were a bit dead legged after their 2OT loss at Sam Houston. They did play 120 min slogging in mud on Friday. 240 minutes is a lot of soccer for one weekend. Was a very nice character builder for the ladies.