Emmitt's gone

IronMan4

It looks like he will be gone Thursday.

Out of all the great running backs he had the most yards, carries, touchdowns, super bowls, and the best looking wife. He did OK I guess. tongue.gif

He was a class guy, and is probably the most respected player in football by his peers and the most loved by the fans. Even people who hate the Cowboys like Emmitt.

I just hope he retires because seeing him in another uniform would not be right.

Hopefully on next week's STSS we can have an Emmitt tribute.

I remember going to my grandad's house every Sunday during football season and watching that great Cowboy's team in it's prime and Emmitt was always my favorite player.

It had to happen sometime, but still sad nonetheless.

sad.gif

SC's Top Ten was Emmitt's top ten games.

229 total yards against the Giants with a seperated shoulder to get home field in the first playoff game was amazing.

The "pinball" play against the Falcons where he bounced off at least 3 or 4 tacklers to score looked just like a Walter Payton run, even though that wasn't Emmitt's style usually.

After listening to the press conference on the radio and watching the highlights, it was obvious that both Emmitt and the Cowboys thought this was best. I'm glad it wasn't messy like the Landry firing or semi-messy like the Aikman retirement. It's great that Emmitt is going out on this good of terms.

Now the watch to see where Emmitt goes begins.