Athletics Fee, Time Out

I seem to remember there being concern about the new athletics fee instituted recently for the construction of our new stadium and how long it could stay around. Something about once the stadium is paid for the athletics fee goes away and we are back to the old ways of money collection? Can someone shed some light on that for me?

My thought is that if the athletics fee is only viable if we are paying off debts, could we use the money coming from that source as collateral to open up a new line of credit for a new baseball stadium? If so would we be able to keep that athletics fee around due to that new debt?

If I am right, and I am sure I am probably not or at the very least missing something very important, then we can keep the fee indefinitely as long as we continue to upgrade facilities or build new ones, correct? I would imagine, if this is the case, that we are waiting to complete our football palace before beginning the discussion of the baseball rumors here at UNT, and that the Baseball project could be used to extend the athletics fee.

Off season random thoughts... sorry for rambling or asking repetitive questions.

I seem to remember there being concern about the new athletics fee instituted recently for the construction of our new stadium and how long it could stay around. Something about once the stadium is paid for the athletics fee goes away and we are back to the old ways of money collection? Can someone shed some light on that for me?

My thought is that if the athletics fee is only viable if we are paying off debts, could we use the money coming from that source as collateral to open up a new line of credit for a new baseball stadium? If so would we be able to keep that athletics fee around due to that new debt?

If I am right, and I am sure I am probably not or at the very least missing something very important, then we can keep the fee indefinitely as long as we continue to upgrade facilities or build new ones, correct? I would imagine, if this is the case, that we are waiting to complete our football palace before beginning the discussion of the baseball rumors here at UNT, and that the Baseball project could be used to extend the athletics fee.

Off season random thoughts... sorry for rambling or asking repetitive questions.

yes