The New $1 Billion Dfw Connector Highway

http://www.dentonrc.com/sharedcontent/dws/dn/latestnews/stories/021810dnmetdfwconnector.408e9db.html

Can somebody tell me why an entirely funded $1 billion highwway project will turn into a damn toll road.

It seems like every new road or highway that is going up is becoming a NTTA Toll road, when is this going to stop.

The way things are going I bet new driveways into retail businesses will some how manage to charge a toll.

• Upvote 1

http://www.dentonrc....or.408e9db.html

Can somebody tell me why an entirely funded $1 billion highwway project will turn into a damn toll road.

It seems like every new road or highway that is going up is becoming a NTTA Toll road, when is this going to stop.

The way things are going I bet new driveways into retail businesses will some how manage to charge a toll.

?

Thank God for tollways. Let's me get my Mean Green on so much quicker come gameday!

If you hate paying tolls you hate Mean Green.

http://www.dentonrc.com/sharedcontent/dws/dn/latestnews/stories/021810dnmetdfwconnector.408e9db.html

4 lanes (2 in each direction) will be toll lanes and the rates will be vary depending on the amount of traffic. I just hope they tell people how much the toll will be if they take the toll lanes.

6872_512x288_manicured__S5D0Qj10U0Ws80VO9r5oaQ.jpg

If we don't get no tolls, then we don't eat no rolls.

• Upvote 2

It is getting a tad bit old, isn't it? ...and in the case where toll roads are paid for with tolls, the toll booths remain LONG after the road is paid for. Taxation is taxation, no matter what hidden name you put on it.

It is getting a tad bit old, isn't it? ...and in the case where toll roads are paid for with tolls, the toll booths remain LONG after the road is paid for. Taxation is taxation, no matter what hidden name you put on it.

Look at Dallas Tollway. The toll was promised to be there only to pay off the highway itself. Once paid it would go away. That highway has long been paid off.

Give the government an inch, and they will always, ALWAYS, take a mile. Taxes always expand. Just about every tax starts out as a "temporary measure", and just simply gets extended again and again until it becomes permanent. I recently forgot to pay my $2.30 toll from the 183A tollroad in Austin (bill got buried under some paperwork, completely my fault). I was 15 days late and was informed that my new total was $17.30!!! So, a 600% penalty for being a half month late!! Just another way to get in your pocket.

I really hate that toll roads are making inroads into Tarrant County, the last major county in Texas that is toll free.

This is why the government controlling health care scares me to death.

• Upvote 1