Florida International (2/6/10)

CMJ

It sounded like a great effort with a lot of determination at the end to win.

I am still real concerned about us in the tournament due to lack of bench production. A first round bye is crucial.

Yeah, our inside guys and TT are solid if not great, but we've got to get either Thomas or Mangrum going well from the outside if we're going to get the point production we're going to need down the road. Of course it would help if Josh starts shooting lights out as well. Very nice road win regardless. Good to see Alzee starting to contribute well the last couple of games.

resilient [rɪˈzɪlɪənt]adj1. (Physics / General Physics) (of an object or material) capable of regaining its original shape or position after bending, stretching, compression, or other deformation; elastic2. (of a person) recovering easily and quickly from shock, illness, hardship, etc.; irrepressibleresiliently advCollins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged 6th Edition 2003. © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003

According to the official Mean Green Sports release, the NT women BB team "had the touch from 3-point, but a resilient Florida International squad held off NT, 72-55..."

Now, according to the definition above...HOW is a 72-55 thrashing indicative of the winning team being resilient??? Me confused...:blink:

Shannon Shorter is such a important, key player now.... decent scorer... but his real role is as 2nd field general next to White.... Shorter had 5 assists today with no turnovers... I wish JJ would embrace his offensive slashing abilities a bit more... I still see Shorter get frustrated from time-to-time when he make his cut to the basket and doesn't get the ball...

Also, Cam Spencer is starting to make solid contributions.... he looks faster and has cut down the errors, though he is still very prone... great rebounding contribution today (6 rebounds and 1 assist in 11 minutes). One thing I noticed at the FAU game is that his moves are getting faster...Cam did a Odufuwa-like blazingly fast spin move to basket that was so quick I initially mistaked him for Odufuawa....this is nice change from his slow as mud moves. Wouldn't that be great if Cam turns into another 6'8" 250Lb post player that can give some quality minutes, if not this year, then maybe the next...