Watching Parties

Rudy

I think I found the officla Bama watching party for tonight. I may also go watch among the tu fans and watch their dispair. Anyone else up for some fun?

you want to see dispair...follow UNT football...it is nothing less than pathetic....UT on the other hand....sells 84,000 season tickets, has the largest athletic budget in the nation and draws 100,000 per game. They are winners regardless of how the game turns out...Texas football is a great experience as witnessed by many fans....I just wish I could say the same for UNT. Go Horns. (Tx exe)

Yes, being shoved into direct sunlight at 11am in late August to watch NT play tu is a great experience. Sorry, I refuse to follow the school that epitomizes everything that is WRONG with college sports.

Don't wear sunglasses to the game, or you might get banished to a dark, small forum no one visits as punishment. B)

Yes, being shoved into direct sunlight at 11am in late August to watch NT play tu is a great experience. Sorry, I refuse to follow the school that epitomizes everything that is WRONG with college sports.

well, probably not a good experience for NT....anyway, there are alot of problems with college football at this level....I don't like it....but UT was putting more fans in the stands in 1924 than UNT has ever put in the stands..Sad to say NT athletics has been poorly managed for a very long time.

I would be interested in knowing what you think is wrong with college sports?

I would be interested in knowing what you think is wrong with college sports?

Are you really asking this? How about the complete and utter lack of parity and the constant quest to continue to tip the scales in favor of the "haves"? Or how about the massive undertaking it is to climb to the top and overcome the the traditional powerhouse programs and their overly inflated budgets that seek to impede your progress? Maybe it is the fact the a complete lack of focus on academics.

Nope...nothing wrong here, move along.

Let me get it back on track. Which of you non Nat'l Championship Douches wants to get together and watch Barnaby Jones reruns tonight?

C'mon man. We're talking the big show, National Championship here. Remington Steele will kill Barnaby Jones tonight. Stephanie Zimbalist will run circles around Lee Meriwether. Not even close.

which equals trying to buy their way to a trophy, just like the yankees. they should be in this game every year with a $90 million budget. it's time for a college football budget cap.

Completely agree. I had people asking me all day if I was going to watch this game - my answer was that I don't follow professional football, only college. At the very most, a school should spend $50 million on their athletic program. We have scholarship limits at 85, why isn't there a budget limit? Texas has bought their way into this game and that is ok - because it doesn't break any rules... but that is not college football. It is professional.

C'mon man. We're talking the big show, National Championship here. Remington Steele will kill Barnaby Jones tonight. Stephanie Zimbalist will run circles around Lee Meriwether. Not even close.

Steph does crush Lee. I was hoping they could keep it close with their experience/wisdom.