Unt Alumni Association December E-newsletter

greenminer

The UNT Alumni Association has seen a growth in membership of 8.6% in just the last year. If you're not a part of the exciting Alumni Association of your university...

The green koolaid tells me this can be loosely tied to the excitement generated by the approval of the athletics fee and new stadium.

Am I delusional?

Take that old administration?!!

Could be part of the reason, but the main reason is the hard work our Alumni Association and its staff are doing these days to get "out there" and provide events, services, etc. that UNT Alumni appreciate, and to its largely increased visibility within the UNT community. Derrick Morgan and his team are doing a great job for UNT and its alumni base. If you are not a member, you should give very serious consideration to joining!

GO MEAN GREEN! GO ALUMNI!!!

Could be part of the reason, but the main reason is the hard work our Alumni Association and its staff are doing these days to get "out there" and provide events, services, etc. that UNT Alumni appreciate, and to its largely increased visibility within the UNT community. Derrick Morgan and his team are doing a great job for UNT and its alumni base. If you are not a member, you should give very serious consideration to joining!

GO MEAN GREEN! GO ALUMNI!!!

I am not a member of the alumni association for the first time since 1988. The reason? Mr. Morgan doesn't care if we have an alumni association in Arkansas. I wanted to try and put one together and I was shot down. There are over 3,000 alumni and I was told that I couldn't start a chapter......kind of sad being that the marketing director is from Bentonville, Arkansas. Doesn't make any sense to me. So, I am now a member of the University of Arkansas Alumni Association. I'll always be a Mean Green Eagle!

I am not a member of the alumni association for the first time since 1988. The reason? Mr. Morgan doesn't care if we have an alumni association in Arkansas. I wanted to try and put one together and I was shot down. There are over 3,000 alumni and I was told that I couldn't start a chapter......kind of sad being that the marketing director is from Bentonville, Arkansas. Doesn't make any sense to me. So, I am now a member of the University of Arkansas Alumni Association. I'll always be a Mean Green Eagle!

What do you mean that you couldn't have a chapter in Arkansas? Define what your idea of a chapter is and how you wanted to organize it, please and thank you. There is no reason that you cannot start an alumni group in Arkansas. What is keeping you from doing that? Perhaps you wanted one with a board and by-laws and elected officials and all that. Well, I am aware that the alumni association is moving away from that model, but they will most definitely help you establish a "chapter" in Arkansas...it depends upon what form you want the chapter to take. The Denton Chapter is one of the "last" in the old model...with elected officers and the such. If you would like to get an Arkansas chapter going...contact Rob McKinney at the Alumni Assoc. and discuss how you can do that....again, I guess it depends upon what you define as a chapter and how you want it organized.

Sorry you have had some troubles here...if you want to talk more...PM me here and give me some contact info and we can discuss in more detail together one on one...I have been...and still are...very active in the Danton Chapter and work very closely with both Rob and derrick...so, "Let's Talk"....PLEASE...no reason to just go away...sometimes we all have to modify and compromise, bit I can assure you the Alumni Association is very willing to help get things going with alums in Arkansas. I appreciate your interest and enthusiasm for UNT...give me a PM and let's see if we can't discuss this a bit more.

I have found Derrick, Rob and all the Alumni staff to be very open to developing new areas and working with active alums where ever they might be...but, they do have a model of how they want the association to operate...it can be very easy to work within that model and it does seem to be having positive results around the nation as membership and activities are both up.

What do you mean that you couldn't have a chapter in Arkansas? Define what your idea of a chapter is and how you wanted to organize it, please and thank you. There is no reason that you cannot start an alumni group in Arkansas. What is keeping you from doing that? Perhaps you wanted one with a board and by-laws and elected officials and all that. Well, I am aware that the alumni association is moving away from that model, but they will most definitely help you establish a "chapter" in Arkansas...it depends upon what form you want the chapter to take. The Denton Chapter is one of the "last" in the old model...with elected officers and the such. If you would like to get an Arkansas chapter going...contact Rob McKinney at the Alumni Assoc. and discuss how you can do that....again, I guess it depends upon what you define as a chapter and how you want it organized.

Sorry you have had some troubles here...if you want to talk more...PM me here and give me some contact info and we can discuss in more detail together one on one...I have been...and still are...very active in the Danton Chapter and work very closely with both Rob and derrick...so, "Let's Talk"....PLEASE...no reason to just go away...sometimes we all have to modify and compromise, bit I can assure you the Alumni Association is very willing to help get things going with alums in Arkansas. I appreciate your interest and enthusiasm for UNT...give me a PM and let's see if we can't discuss this a bit more.

I have found Derrick, Rob and all the Alumni staff to be very open to developing new areas and working with active alums where ever they might be...but, they do have a model of how they want the association to operate...it can be very easy to work within that model and it does seem to be having positive results around the nation as membership and activities are both up.

A. Well, since ArkansasEagle contacted (as the British say in their humor) "the home office", about setting up an association in (as you say) the "old style", then instead of shooting it down, wouldn't it have been much more productive to advise ArkansasEagle that he can set up one in the "new style"....whatever that is. After all, if "Derrick and Rob" are so "open to new ideas", why not help ArkansasEagle by sharing some of those "new ideas" with him?

B. Since we have a non-North Texas alumni running the Exes, I can only guess about what the "new style" might be. Maybe being an actual North Texas graduate was the hinderance for ArkansasEagle. :rolleyes:

C. Who's compiling those numbers regarding the increase in the alumni participation?

A. Well, since ArkansasEagle contacted (as the British say in their humor) "the home office", about setting up an association in (as you say) the "old style", then instead of shooting it down, wouldn't it have been much more productive to advise ArkansasEagle that he can set up one in the "new style"....whatever that is. After all, if "Derrick and Rob" are so "open to new ideas", why not help ArkansasEagle by sharing some of those "new ideas" with him?

don't try to tell kram how to berate a poster, he is the expert in all areas you know, just ask him.

don't try to tell kram how to berate a poster, he is the expert in all areas you know, just ask him.

Nice...did you even bother to read my post to ArkansasEagle? If so, just where did I berate him??? I believe I gave him information and offered to help him in his pursuit, and offered my assistance. Neither you, nor SilverEagle nor I were involved in the original conversations, so we really do not know what was asked or offered. That's why, I offered to talk with him and see what we could do to get things going. If you define an "expert" as one who is actively involved in trying to help UNT, the UNT Alumni Association and the Athletic dept. through both donations and the volunteering of time and support, then, OK, I'll accept that...if you are just trying to be cute, well then...buzz off!

You may not be aware of it, but there is often more to the situation than one has time to post on GMG.com...again, that's why I offered to talk with Arkansas Eagle and share my experiences with him in working with the Alumni association. How in the world could that have set you off in such a manner that you felt compelled to hammer on me? Amazing stuff.

Kram, please keep working on getting the Alumni Assoc. to carry UNT gear that is actually in the school colors. That is my humble request.

Happy to help all I can. Have you contacted the Alumni Assoc. about this request by any chance? I know the Alumni Assoc. works with the Alumni Pro Shop folks and they have been very responsive to my requests in the past.

As we all know the "actual school" color seems to change fairly often which hurts folks trying to inventory and carry UNT gear. It would be most helpful to all...including our fans...if the current green shade would remain as the school color.