Louisiana Monroe (12/13/09)

CMJ

Flagrantly, maliciously bad foul by Tommie Sykes.

Someone (Thomas?) dumped it off underneath to Tramiel for an open dunk, then Sykes came up and just shoved or threw a shoulder into him as he went up. It came a few minutes after a crazy tumble by Tony Hooper, and the nature of the play made it an obvious retaliation foul.

It should have been an ejection, in my opinion. Dirty, dirty play.

Agree

On the play that Hooper took the tumble on he grabbed the shoulder of Tramiel I believe it was to try to elevate but lost balance in the air and fell. Tramiel was called for the foul , but didn't do anything.

I think he will be fine , he was laughing as he walked off the court. I think he just has a bruised bum. Should be ready to go vs FIU

Pit Crew was again amesome , u guys had me laughing

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pit Crew was in the house today!! I can say with confidence that we affected the outcome of the game... we had their players focused on us in the 2nd half... really got under Turner's skin... he told us to "meet him outside after the game" at one point... in fact, I thought he was coming over to us when an assistant coach told him to sit down....he had a few words with assistant and then set down... the rest of their bench were either cracking up or visibly pissed at us... Fabio didn't know what to do with us calling his name over and over... he'd get this goofy smile... Fuselier kept trying to hide his smile at the jokes... it was a true 3 ring circus put on by your Pit Crew... I can even begin to write all the things that were said between the Pit Crew and ULM.

I loved the jab about if he fights like he plays, no one should be worried. :lol:

I loved the jab about if he fights like he plays, no one should be worried. :lol:

It was "if you fight as bad as you shoot, then I am not scared of you" ...the whole ULM bench, including Turner, started laughing... this game was something else...

It was "if you fight as bad as you shoot, then I am not scared of you" ...the whole ULM bench, including Turner, started laughing... this game was something else...

I expect the next game to be wheels off with Isiah Thomas coming to the Pit.

he also cracked up when i said his stat line: 3 min, 5 fouls, and more sweat then either team combined!

That was great!

I am not sure why, but my "hey Turner, we have some fried chicken up here" really seemed to set him off... I am not sure why it created such an angry reaction given what was already said about his weight, his mama, his poor shot, and other things I cannot repeat.

Edited by chrisfisher

Were both of you at the game, or are you just assuming this guy is black.

If you are assuming, what does that say about you? :D

It had nothing to do with race... at all.. it had everything to do with his prodigious girth.

Edited by chrisfisher

Were both of you at the game, or are you just assuming this guy is black.

If you are assuming, what does that say about you? :D

I was there , I bet if it were a big white kid the term "fried chicken" wouldn't have been used. Cookies or cupcakes instead.

Yelling Fried Chicken to a black man comes across as racist to me

I was there , I bet if it were a big white kid the term "fried chicken" wouldn't have been used. Cookies or cupcakes instead.

Yelling Fried Chicken to a black man comes across as racist to me

I had no idea it would be interpreted like that... I'll definitely chose another food next time I heckle...

On a different note... Tramiel is really, really banged up... He grimaces quite often when he uses his left hand, which taped up in all different directions... he also limps around after plays... and then that big flagrant foul...I thought him through playing for while, maybe a couple of games... the crowd went nuts when he returned to the court after he left... the crowd chanted "Eric, Eric" for quite a while... I'm sure he appreciated the crowd noticing his tough play... I sure hope he can make it through the season.. he is pretty bang up for only the first month of the season.

Edited by chrisfisher

I had no idea it would be interpreted like that... I'll definitely chose another food next time I heckle...

Don't worry too much about, honest mistake. In fact here are some suggestions for future games.

If the player is Hispanic, "I bet you lead the teams in steals and never have a backcourt violation...cuz you refuse to go back where you came from."

If they're Asian, "while you're sitting the bench you could be doing my math homework."

Or if it's some white guy, "I bet it's easy to run fast without having to lug a large penis around."

All of these are guaranteed to piss them off for totally unknown reasons.

Ok. Ok. I get it. It was an honest mistake. And my naivety doesn't excuse it either.. believe me, if I thought it offensive like that (1) I wouldn't have said it in the first place and (2) I certainly wouldn't post it to a public forum.

Edited by chrisfisher