Nt Gear Source/link

OldTimer

You're kidding. These guys have one sweat shirt (and it's hooded. handy for robbing a 7-11). One men's polo. Two caps and a cap washer.

There is almost no choice of NT gear anywhere.

I can get a better TCU,, ARKANSAS or Texas A & M selection at Albertson's.

It's official. We bitch about EVERYTHING on this board ;)

They now have a college apparel store at the Galleria called Student Union....I went in and they had tons of OU, Texas, Tech, Aggies, etc....in there (even SMU), but no UNT. I asked the store manager why no UNT apparell. He told me that they didnt want to carry a small amount of UNT gear because they were affraid of offending us. He said they did that to the OSU fan base by only carrying a couple of things.....I told him as a UNT Alumni, we are use to people not carrying anything....I told him if we even had a small rack with a couple of t-shirts and a hoodie that would be awesome and it would sell...and we wouldnt be offended.

I still find it funny when people who live in Dallas ask me about my hat and say "what is a mean green?".

OK....so if someone had a great deal on some retail space, and wanted to open a pure North Texas Spirit store in Denton, would it work ? And I mean gear like a real university has...T shirts and sweatshirts, and caps and jackets, and panchos, and and all NT branded. Would it work ? And when I say work, I mean pay the rent, light bill, and earn enough money to make it viable ?

Greenjoe...I think it just might if it were located very near UNT. Could also carry related items like Frat and sorority items perhaps....Would have to get involved locally, you know better than I do how that works...and make it "priced right"...BUT, given a decent rent and payroll picture, it might have a fighting chance of success.

OK....so if someone had a great deal on some retail space, and wanted to open a pure North Texas Spirit store in Denton, would it work ? And I mean gear like a real university has...T shirts and sweatshirts, and caps and jackets, and panchos, and and all NT branded. Would it work ? And when I say work, I mean pay the rent, light bill, and earn enough money to make it viable ?

Joe.....I believe there are plans to have a Spirit store in the new stadium.....that would be opened year round.

Greenjoe...I think it just might if it were located very near UNT. Could also carry related items like Frat and sorority items perhaps....Would have to get involved locally, you know better than I do how that works...and make it "priced right"...BUT, given a decent rent and payroll picture, it might have a fighting chance of success.

the bookstore and voertmans carry nice stuff but a lot of it seems to be overpriced. I think the problem for alums is that they can't make it to denton just to buy a shirt. If the stuff was made available say like at a Dicks I think more people would be incline to impulse buy instead of waiting to make a special trip. More unt merch might be sold that way. But I am no businessman. Just a thought.

Edited by filmerj