Firing This Year Vs Next

Cr1028

First, if Dr. B has been added to the end-of-year meeting with RV and Dodge that is not a good thing, probably signals buyout.

Next, say Dodge gets to stay...it will come with mandates. Probably along the lines of "x" amount of wins and some asst coach changes, but no contract extension until deemed worthy. How will that impact recruiting? With a head coach that only has two years remaining and an ultimatium to win in 2010 or he's gone, I think it hurts. Why would a kid commit 4 years to a coach that might only have one year left?

Then there is the revenue, donor, and attendance questions. Selling is happening for the new venue as mentioned and I know the season results have affected some 5-figure donor's feelings. Buyers remorse? Hope sells, losing doesn't.

First, if Dr. B has been added to the end-of-year meeting with RV and Dodge that is not a good thing, probably signals buyout.

Next, say Dodge gets to stay...it will come with mandates. Probably along the lines of "x" amount of wins and some asst coach changes, but no contract extension until deemed worthy. How will that impact recruiting? With a head coach that only has two years remaining and an ultimatium to win in 2010 or he's gone, I think it hurts. Why would a kid commit 4 years to a coach that might only have one year left?

Then there is the revenue, donor, and attendance questions. Selling is happening for the new venue as mentioned and I know the season results have affected some 5-figure donor's feelings. Buyers remorse? Hope sells, losing doesn't.

Dr. B being added to a meeting, if she even has, is not a bad thing. I think her being a part of it shows she understands that athletics is a window in which to look at the university. Until Pohl, and now her, we have never had a president show that athletics is important to them. It does not surprise me that she would be involved, regardless of the decision.

Wow, your original post, asking us to use logic and avoid anger was interesting in how you used good grammar and appealed to reason. Now it's "Don't give me the Auburn crap", followed by giving us your take on the Auburn situation from last year, in a final, poorly constructed sentence. Yes, communication skills matter. I'll give you credit for starting out seeming to be thoughtful rather than angry. I didn't have my mind made up before you started this thread; now you've convinced me it's time to let Dodge go; it's generating too much anger.

An honest man must admit when he is wrong and I am an honest man. I broke my own rules and I apologize for derailing what was intended to be a gentlemen's discussion by acting like a child. I yield to you sir. The temperature of the board is too hot for me to not get caught up in the emotion of it all so I will back away from the keyboard until a decision is made and just watch.

Go Mean Green

Edited by Cr1028