Why At Unt

GoMeanGreen1999

5-31....How many schools bring back a coach with that kind of record? It wasn't hard for SMU who had only one winning program in the last 18 years to fire Bennett.....I only bring him up because that is the one that comes to mind. Sure I hear all of the "we are about to turn the corner" argument, even though history tells us that the percentages of that actually having happened to coaches in the past is somewhere between 0-1%. Where we so convinced years ago that Trilli wasn't going to turn it around and so we got rid of him but its not the same with the football program?

Just don't get it.

5-31....How many schools bring back a coach with that kind of record? It wasn't hard for SMU who had only one winning program in the last 18 years to fire Bennett.....I only bring him up because that is the one that comes to mind. Sure I hear all of the "we are about to turn the corner" argument, even though history tells us that the percentages of that actually having happened to coaches in the past is somewhere between 0-1%. Where we so convinced years ago that Trilli wasn't going to turn it around and so we got rid of him but its not the same with the football program?

Just don't get it.

Who said it was hard or not, we are just guessing and comparing notes? I think we will all know by Monday or Tuesday.

I think he's gone. His comment from earlier in the week, his post game comments with George, and the rumors all point to an exit as HC. He may be reassigned, but I'm pretty confident the signs point to him being away from the important parts of the football program.

• Upvote 1

Who said it was hard or not, we are just guessing and comparing notes? I think we will all know by Monday or Tuesday.

It is obviously hard since we are now one day removed from the end of the third year and there has been no announcement. Look they may make a chance at the first of this week, but trust me, most schools wouldn't have a problem getting rid of a guy who was 5-31. In fact, most schools wouldn't have brought back a guy who was 3-21 for a third year. One day after Kraigthorpe finishes 15-21 they announce they are letting him go. We are 5 - 31.

Edited by GoMeanGreen1999

It is obviously hard since we are now one day removed from the end of the third year and there has been no announcement. Look they may make a chance at the first of this week, but trust me, most schools wouldn't have a problem getting rid of a guy who was 5-31. In fact, most schools wouldn't have brought back a guy who was 3-21 for a third year. One day after Kraigthorpe finishes 15-21 they announce they are letting him go. We are 5 - 31.

You are probably over thinking it, I figure they waited to the last game to pull the trigger officially and the Official announcement will be tomorrow.

You are probably over thinking it, I figure they waited to the last game to pull the trigger officially and the Official announcement will be tomorrow.

Yep, one way or another, I think we hear the news tomorrow. Wouldn't make sense to delay a firing, and if you keep him, you want that out there as quickly as possible for recruiting purposes.

But, we are UNT.

I read one article that described his hiring at Louisville as a "whirlwind courtship"; maybe this was the following quickie divorce.

I think there are couple of complicating factors involving our situation right now; 1.)we'd like to sink all the money we can into the new stadium construction construction, and 2.) if the basketball team has the great season many of us are hoping, RV would probably have to be prepared to offer a contract extension with a lot more money to keep JJ.