Devastating Losses?

Pen Yan Fan

How many times has Dodge now been quoted this season or the last two seasons after a game talking about a devastating loss? Why does he keep saying that? Is he that out of touch with his team? A devastating loss is when you lose a game that would send you to a bowl game or win a conference championship. A devastating loss doesn't happen on a 2-8 team that turns the ball over five times, misses a PAT and has a field goal block after sideline chaos. And why would he even continue to mention "devastating" to his players. Players bounce back from losses very easily when they lose 30 games in three seasons. These loses are not devastating, this coaching staff is.

How many times has Dodge now been quoted this season or the last two seasons after a game talking about a devastating loss? Why does he keep saying that? Is he that out of touch with his team? A devastating loss is when you lose a game that would send you to a bowl game or win a conference championship. A devastating loss doesn't happen on a 2-8 team that turns the ball over five times, misses a PAT and has a field goal block after sideline chaos. And why would he even continue to mention "devastating" to his players. Players bounce back from losses very easily when they lose 30 games in three seasons. These loses are not devastating, this coaching staff is.

Not to mention, Dodge FULLY expected to win these last three Games of the Season, from what he's said through the media outlets. The thing is, his ineptness in coaching got in the way...again! I mean, TWO Timeouts on one play?! And a delay of the game Penalty after a Timeout earlier? These kind of things happen EARLY in the Season, not the next to the last Game of the Season! So, it is totally on the coaching, and where does that lead to....the Head Coach!

Not to mention, Dodge FULLY expected to win these last three Games of the Season, from what he's said through the media outlets. The thing is, his ineptness in coaching got in the way...again! I mean, TWO Timeouts on one play?! And a delay of the game Penalty after a Timeout earlier? These kind of things happen EARLY in the Season, not the next to the last Game of the Season! So, it is totally on the coaching, and where does that lead to....the Head Coach!

Actually these things happen maybe in your first year of coaching not at the end on your third year.

Yea, that sort of stuff never happens to an experienced coach...oh, wait, it's happened in the NFL more than once this season and in the Big XII, SEC and PAC 10....no, I didn't like it when it happened...who would, but to say it's because TD can't coach or is a bad coach is just not correct.

Yea, that sort of stuff never happens to an experienced coach...oh, wait, it's happened in the NFL more than once this season and in the Big XII, SEC and PAC 10....no, I didn't like it when it happened...who would, but to say it's because TD can't coach or is a bad coach is just not correct.

Your right...the win/loss record speaks loudly enough by itself for that.

He has been talking about devastating losses this season. They haven't sniffed devestating losses until this year. I

think that is an honest term he throws out because it means alot to him. Would you rather he cared less? I still think

next year is the turning pt. Year four was the turning pt for Dickey. It could be for him as well. One more year is I think

what he will get.

GMG

He has been talking about devastating losses this season. They haven't sniffed devestating losses until this year. I

think that is an honest term he throws out because it means alot to him. Would you rather he cared less? I still think

next year is the turning pt. Year four was the turning pt for Dickey. It could be for him as well. One more year is I think

what he will get.

GMG

I would rather he showed another emotion besides defeat in the post game interview. Maybe it's just not his personality, but a little "this is not acceptable - they need to stop listening to their pretty little girlfriends (We ain't Tech) - I'm pissed and there are going to be some changes until we find a combination that works" sure would be good to see. He just seems to have very little fight left.

Edited by UNT90