Nick Saban Proves How Evil He Really Is....

UNT_playmaker

Thats why I hate Nick Saban more than any other coach in football, totally proved it on live t.v. by going for it on 4th and 1.

Your ahead 47-7 late in the 4th quarter, your on the ten yard line and go for it to score a touchdown, which you did, to run up the score. REALLY ?????????????

Seriously are you that desperate for BCS points this early in the season and your already ranked #4 and are in the SEC conference.

Don't feel bad about the loopsided score MEAN GREEN NATION, if he had his way, this piece of shit would have hung 100 on us, just to make a statement about his program.

I seriously can't wait until you guys lose one or two SEC game late in the season and end up in the Chick-fil-A Bowl in Birmingham, thats going to be your fate this season

I anticipated this.

These scenarios never really got bitched about until Leach was piling on 5 extra TDs in the last 4 minutes of his wins.

Now, every one likes to cry when Alabamas of the world are cruising and decide not to take a knee on a drive once they're up 30+. Personally, I feel there is a difference and have moved on.

Alabama did almost everything they could to keep from scoring. If we can't stop them, I can't blame them. I am sure if he didn't go for it their fans would be up in arms for quitting. It's done. Movin' on.

Yip...that score could have been a lot worse. Putting in the backup QB in the second quarter is a lot better than Switzer of old or even Stoops the last time we played them.

Guest GrayEagleOne

Thats why I hate Nick Saban more than any other coach in football, totally proved it on live t.v. by going for it on 4th and 1.

Your ahead 47-7 late in the 4th quarter, your on the ten yard line and go for it to score a touchdown, which you did, to run up the score. REALLY ?????????????

Seriously are you that desperate for BCS points this early in the season and your already ranked #4 and are in the SEC conference.

Don't feel bad about the loopsided score MEAN GREEN NATION, if he had his way, this piece of shit would have hung 100 on us, just to make a statement about his program.

I seriously can't wait until you guys lose one or two SEC game late in the season and end up in the Chick-fil-A Bowl in Birmingham, thats going to be your fate this season

Good grief! Saban put his second string quarterback in before the half. He needs to learn how to score because at some point in the season he might be needed.

What would you have him do? Take a knee? The players in the game at that juncture are likely playing in their first game. Let them play. Now, if he put the first team back in at that point to run up the score then you may have a legitimate gripe.

I agree with you on Saban running up the score...I go back to NT against Ball State and Dodge had Our QB take the knee instead of trying to run up the score at game ending and we didn't have half the score that Alabama ran up. As far as some other posts on this thread I guess we should expect Tulsa to go back to AA also since Oklahoma is beating them 45 to -0- with 9 minutes left in the game. This is what happens when a mid-major school plays the top teams in the nation. Personally I don't want to see NT play SFA or Northwestern State etc teams.

I agree with you on Saban running up the score...I go back to NT against Ball State and Dodge had Our QB take the knee instead of trying to run up the score at game ending and we didn't have half the score that Alabama ran up. I do note that Saban was playing his 2nd team QB and probablly some other subs as early as the first half. As far as some other posts on this thread I guess we should expect Tulsa to go back to AA also since Oklahoma is beating them 45 to -0- with 9 minutes left in the game. This is what happens when a mid-major school plays the top teams in the nation. Personally I don't want to see NT play SFA or Northwestern State etc teams.

53-7 is running up the score? When exactly is something not running up the score? Up 72 - 10 two years ago and trying to score again, I would make the "running up the score", but I never thought Saban was trying to run up the score today.

When you're up by 40 points and go for a TD on 4th and 1 instead of just taking the FG, that's running up the score.

I just don't see the point of this whole Alabama was "running up the score" argument. I'm convinced they could have scored more, but were smart enough to take their stud qb out and keep him healthy for greater challenges.

I just don't see the point of this whole Alabama was "running up the score" argument. I'm convinced they could have scored more, but were smart enough to take their stud qb out and keep him healthy for greater challenges.

You and I are on the same thought - I guess it is just a difference of opinion because I sure didn't see as running up the score.

WHEN YOU ARE UP BY 40 POINTS LATE IN THE FOURTH AND GO FOR IT ON FOURTH DOWN TO GET ANOTHER TD, YOU ARE RUNNING UP THE SCORE. PERIOD.

THIS ISNT NCAA 2010 ON XBOX.

They had their 2nd/3rd stringers in, and were 1 yard away from 1st down conversion within the red zone. Seems like a great scenario for a coach to see how his players react.

Someone correct me if I am wrong. Otherwise, I disagree with your generalization.

When you're up by 40 points and go for a TD on 4th and 1 instead of just taking the FG, that's running up the score.

You could argue that going for the field goal there would've been running up the score. The 4th and 1 call at least gives the opponent a chance to stop you without points.