Way To Go Kanye

Wow, noone claimed that it was but it still made headlines.

Hyperbole (pronounced /haɪˈpɜrbəliː/ hye-PER-bə-lee[1], from ancient Greek "ὑπερβολή", meaning excess or exaggeration) is a figure of speech in which statements are exaggerated. It may be used to evoke strong feelings or to create a strong impression, but is rarely meant to be taken literally.

Hyperbole is used to create emphasis. It is a literary device often used in poetry, and is frequently encountered in casual speech. It is also a visual technique in which a deliberate exaggeration of a particular part of an image is employed. An example is the exaggeration of a person's facial feature in a political cartoon.

Edited by meangreendork

Hyperbole (pronounced /haɪˈpɜrbəliː/ hye-PER-bə-lee[1], from ancient Greek "ὑπερβολή", meaning excess or exaggeration) is a figure of speech in which statements are exaggerated. It may be used to evoke strong feelings or to create a strong impression, but is rarely meant to be taken literally.

Hyperbole is used to create emphasis. It is a literary device often used in poetry, and is frequently encountered in casual speech. It is also a visual technique in which a deliberate exaggeration of a particular part of an image is employed. An example is the exaggeration of a person's facial feature in a political cartoon.

Kit, its hard to tell when someone is joking around, we cant see faces on the net :D

This smacks of a set up. Who really loses in this whole thing? Byonce comes out looking like an angel, Taylor Swift's name gets on the lips of people who never had a clue who she was before this, and Kanye gets more pub than ever, an appearance on Jay Leno in Prime Time, and more street cred with his "hard" fan base. A win for everyone involved.

Set up? Or am I just cynical?

Good call, this was 100 % a set up. ITs MTV people.

Same people who have controversy stirred up on every VMA awards show and rewards people who actually show up or partake in their fantasies with a meaningless award. Its all about ratings and thats what they are in business for.

Every year theres something, Lil Kim's boobage showing, Britney's snake routine, Britney's fat dance performance, off stage brawl, two artists having a cussing match, rememeber the 2004 super bowl with Janet Jackson, MTV was in charge of that set up.

Taylor Swift is a country artist and she won a award on MTV, thats a first. Everyone got great publicity out of it.

I still like Kanye, Taylor, and Beyonce, there entertainers, thats their jobs.

Good call, this was 100 % a set up. ITs MTV people.

Same people who have controversy stirred up on every VMA awards show and rewards people who actually show up or partake in their fantasies with a meaningless award. Its all about ratings and thats what they are in business for.

Every year theres something, Lil Kim's boobage showing, Britney's snake routine, Britney's fat dance performance, off stage brawl, two artists having a cussing match, rememeber the 2004 super bowl with Janet Jackson, MTV was in charge of that set up.

Taylor Swift is a country artist and she won a award on MTV, thats a first. Everyone got great publicity out of it.

I still like Kanye, Taylor, and Beyonce, there entertainers, thats their jobs.

Regardless of the fact that I agree with you, this is the first time I can remember where someone outright insulted and embarrassed someone else, No Janet Jackson did not seem that embarrassed. I like Kanye's music but after this I will be hard pressed to buy another album , or at the very least have any respect for the emotion soaked lyrics that he speaks. He spend so much time in his music trying to make us feel sorry for him, and at this point I just don't. I don't feel sory for him at all. He is incredibly talented and has achieved all of the desires that he spoke about in his first couple albums. At this point he needs to learn when to shut up. And that includes when MTV asks him to do something.

I feel the same way about eminem as his music progressed. He kept asking for pity because of the way he was brought up but not taking into acount the circumstances under which he has brought himself to. I have respect for both of them as artists, but they are both D-Bags as well, though Eminem never did anything like this.

Regardless of the fact that I agree with you, this is the first time I can remember where someone outright insulted and embarrassed someone else, No Janet Jackson did not seem that embarrassed. I like Kanye's music but after this I will be hard pressed to buy another album , or at the very least have any respect for the emotion soaked lyrics that he speaks. He spend so much time in his music trying to make us feel sorry for him, and at this point I just don't. I don't feel sory for him at all. He is incredibly talented and has achieved all of the desires that he spoke about in his first couple albums. At this point he needs to learn when to shut up. And that includes when MTV asks him to do something.

I feel the same way about eminem as his music progressed. He kept asking for pity because of the way he was brought up but not taking into acount the circumstances under which he has brought himself to. I have respect for both of them as artists, but they are both D-Bags as well, though Eminem never did anything like this.

"Hickoryhouse hates black people." - Kanye West 09-16-09

But seriously, I think Taylor Swift knew all about it, or at least her publicist did, and she was told soon after leaving the stage if she didn't know before hand.

I didn't watch the VMA's live but I saw that Taylor Swift immediately appeared from backstage when Beyonce called her to come on stage to give her thanks. So thats what made me see this as staged.

Yep, that's what sold me also. Didn't miss a beat when Byonce (SP?) called her to the stage. No "where's Taylor" look from anyone, and she immediately appears from backstage. That, and the fact that Taylor Swift really didn't appear that shocked when Kanye appeared on stage.

Wait... aren't you supposed to be formenting revolt in former soviet bloc nations right now?

Of course I am but right now I have found a nice pub to gather with fellow revolters and enjoy a tasty Czech beer or two. I can get back to planning the next eastern ocl revolution after a couple of beers. I am thinking of getting moravia to revolt due to lack of respect and demand to be attached to a better country, I think moravia needs a goods revolt now and again.

Besides What else am I supposed to do over here. They speak Czech and my vocal cords don't make those sounds. This language is crazy! We are conducting all Moravian revolution meetings in English.

Of course I am but right now I have found a nice pub to gather with fellow revolters and enjoy a tasty Czech beer or two. I can get back to planning the next eastern ocl revolution after a couple of beers. I am thinking of getting moravia to revolt due to lack of respect and demand to be attached to a better country, I think moravia needs a goods revolt now and again.

Besides What else am I supposed to do over here. They speak Czech and my vocal cords don't make those sounds. This language is crazy! We are conducting all Moravian revolution meetings in English.

Well, if you really want to piss off Moravians, just tell them the Hapsburgs were thinking of making a comeback. Nothing gets them going like suppression of culture by lumping them in together with Czechs and Slovaks.

Well, if you really want to piss off Moravians, just tell them the Hapsburgs were thinking of making a comeback. Nothing gets them going like suppression of culture by lumping them in together with Czechs and Slovaks.

I figure that if I tell them that the Hapsburgs are coming from the West and the Russians are coming from the East then they will run north to escape and then there will be a big fight between all three.

I figure that if I tell them that the Hapsburgs are coming from the West and the Russians are coming from the East then they will run north to escape and then there will be a big fight between all three.

North? Directly into Poland? Think those folks might be a little jumpy from the last time a swarm of people came charging over their borders? Brilliant!