Damon West

bigrobdsp

I was really surprised at the length of time on his sentence. there are people who have raped and killed who will be serving less time than an non-violent theif...

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dw...n2.4c9a3ce.html

"Lauren Corcia, whose Uptown condo was broken into, said Monday's sentence brought her "a very strong sense of vindication."

Corcia, who graduated from Southern Methodist University over the weekend with an MBA"

I KNEW IT! The SMU conspiracy continues :lol:

I like his reasons why he burglarized: dope, ADD (hyperactivity strain, i guess), anxiety, molestation from a babysitter and president bush.

Who he did not blame was himself!!! I could respect him a little more if had said, "yea, I was stupid and thought i could get away with stealing."

Since he was tried by his peers in court then he got what he deserved by law.

just kidding about bush......

I like his reasons why he burglarized: dope, ADD (hyperactivity strain, i guess), anxiety, molestation from a babysitter and president bush.

Who he did not blame was himself!!! I could respect him a little more if had said, "yea, I was stupid and thought i could get away with stealing."

Since he was tried by his peers in court then he got what he deserved by law.

just kidding about bush......

I knew him in college and always thought he was a real S Head, but 65 years is sure a long time for a non-violent offender in my book.

Yep, long time. Maybe the jury was trying to send a message. Do these sort of messages ever work? Don't seem to have much effect to me. He'll probably be out on "parole" soon enough.

What strikes me about this crime spree is that he must have done tons of surveillance prior to each job. Either that, or he was just lucky. If anyone drills my door when I'm home, the roach will check in...but he won't check out!

Guest JohnDenver

I have very little sympathy for people who break into houses. It changes the life of the home owner and the children. It is a huge violation and shouldn't be taken lightly.

If he's guilty, and a jury says he is, then he should be punished. Don't do the crime, if you can't do the time.

At the same time, I wish we could stop hearing how this criminal played quaterback for North Texas. Where he went to school is irrevelant. And what activity he participated in is even more irrelevant.

EXACTLY, JD. A crime like that creates psychological injuries. There is a profound feeling of being violated and insecurity that can be created. Property crimes are not victimless crimes in that sense. There IS something on that "Top Ten List" about stealing, I believe.

:huh: And just who are you burglarizing these days?

I said "to" me not "on" me! I guess age is creeping up on you Silver Eagle...remember I met you in the Drunk Tank at the spring game! :lol::lol::lol:

Edited by KRAM1

EXACTLY, JD. A crime like that creates psychological injuries. There is a profound feeling of being violated and insecurity that can be created. Property crimes are not victimless crimes in that sense. There IS something on that "Top Ten List" about stealing, I believe.

I live in Uptown (and some of the robberies took place in the building in which I live) and I can tell you this had people really scared, especially the way the crooks absolutely took over people's homes. Fifty-one robberies? These guys ruined a lot of lives, not to mention the paranoia and distrust that is still with a lot of Uptown residents. These criminals were doing extensive surveillance, and the idea that these creeps were watching us, walking our halls, waiting for an opening is very disturbing.

I don't know if this sentence won't prevent someone else from doing this. But it sure as hell will prevent these creeps from doing it again anytime soon.

I don't know if this sentence won't prevent someone else from doing this. But it sure as hell will prevent these creeps from doing it again anytime soon.

AMEN to that!

Commit property crimes in an area where the big money developers are developing and they throw away the key. Commit property crimes in a decaying neglected area and you get a slap on the wrist. Not that he doesn't deserve to be put away for a LONG time, but economic discrimination is one form of discrimination which shows no signs of abatement. Money rules.

Commit property crimes in an area where the big money developers are developing and they throw away the key. Commit property crimes in a decaying neglected area and you get a slap on the wrist. Not that he doesn't deserve to be put away for a LONG time, but economic discrimination is one form of discrimination which shows no signs of abatement. Money rules.

Good grief...always someone out there to play the "poor me, it's not fair" card. "Economic" discrimination???? Hmmmmmmmmm, I guess compared to Bill gates most of us suffer from "economic discrimination". So, if you are stupid enough to commit these crimes at least you get credit for knowing where the "good stuff" is located, right? Yep, go rob some depressed neighborhood and find all the diamonds, cash, plasma screens, etc. That way when they catch you...and they will...you can get a slap on the wrist. I wonder if these idiots stop and think like that before they do the crime? But, of course, let's worry about who gets what type of sentance AFTER they commit the crime.

Foutsrouts...not all all saying that you "economic discrimination" theory is not correct or is not worthy of study, it's just that I can't get too worked up over "discrimination" when it comes to burglers. But, it seems to me that your "money rules" applies to lots of areas in life...like politics for instance, professional sports teams, oil-rich vs oil-poor nations, people who actually work for a living vs peolple who live on the dole...you get the idea. This stuff exists. If West and his guys made so much money...how come that "money talks" thing didn't buy them a better lawyer?

Good grief...always someone out there to play the "poor me, it's not fair" card. "Economic" discrimination???? Hmmmmmmmmm, I guess compared to Bill gates most of us suffer from "economic discrimination". So, if you are stupid enough to commit these crimes at least you get credit for knowing where the "good stuff" is located, right? Yep, go rob some depressed neighborhood and find all the diamonds, cash, plasma screens, etc. That way when they catch you...and they will...you can get a slap on the wrist. I wonder if these idiots stop and think like that before they do the crime? But, of course, let's worry about who gets what type of sentance AFTER they commit the crime.

Foutsrouts...not all all saying that you "economic discrimination" theory is not correct or is not worthy of study, it's just that I can't get too worked up over "discrimination" when it comes to burglers. But, it seems to me that your "money rules" applies to lots of areas in life...like politics for instance, professional sports teams, oil-rich vs oil-poor nations, people who actually work for a living vs peolple who live on the dole...you get the idea. This stuff exists. If West and his guys made so much money...how come that "money talks" thing didn't buy them a better lawyer?

Geez Kram....If you read my very basic post, I SURE AS HELL wasn't defending West and claiming that HE was discriminated against, I was referring to the simple fact that when crimes are commited against higher income groups the punishment is often a bit more severe. If I am defending anyone, it is the hard working lower income people who often get robbed of a very HIGH PERCENTAGE of their net worth by recivitist scumbags, who regularly get slapped on the wrist several times before finally getting put away for good.

As far as West getting a "better lawyer" because of all the thieving bucks that he made, don't you kind of think that maybe his cash went to "crack" since he was living that kind of lifestyle? Ya think? If you don't think that "economic discrimination" exists, I would be happy to provide you with examples that it clearly does. Just a fact of life which "most" of us are very aware of. Btw, I'm about as far away from a bleeding heart liberal as it gets, and I sure as hell ain't poor.