Things that are very different this year:

Brent

I think there are two main differences between this years team and the Mean Green of last year.

1 - Leonard Hopkins was able to play

2 - We are not able to overcome poor officiating like we did last year. If the crews of the last three games were doing our games last season we would have won at least two and probably all three of them.

The zebras are making me want to stop going to games. Those are words I NEVER thought I would say! wink.gif

NT misses Hopkins more than I thought we would. The threat of a 3-pointer is not there and the opposition is all over Chris when he gets the ball in the paint.

The loss to Arkansas St is much more dissapointing than the losses to the more talented Denver and Little Rock teams.

There are only two guys on the team that can create thier own shot: Leonard and Jerome. Jerome is so small, that he can only do it in certain situations. That's where we miss Leonard. Chris, Jerome, Lee, Jermaine, Rusty and even Boxell can stand around and pop threes all night, but we are having trouble being versitile offensively and not just standing around hoping you are open next time you get a pass.

C'mon now.. lets face it.. we are just not that good.

While watching the last three games as well as every other home game including the SMU game, we just don't look good. A friend of mine was with me who came from Indiana and said, "they look like they never practice".

I kind of agree... we have played some sloppy ball this year.

I truly was hopeful that this year would be better but I think our record is about right to the level we have played.

Yeah, we are with out (what I believe is our best player) Hopkins... and that hurts.. We have seen Roniger move the ball around better than most and he is gone. But still... alot of those guys this year saw plenty of playing time last year and they still aren't getting the job done.

we just make too many mistakes... I don't think we have truly been on at all this year. Hopefully we will get to see that sometime before this season runs out. Our potential is through the roof, but i have yet to see it on the court. I know we are better than this...

But hey, what do i know.. i am just a fan that is disappointed...

This team is void of a big time player. We have some talent, however, most of these guys are role players. On a very good team, none of these guys would start. Yet alone, get significant playing time. Unfortunately for the team, Chris Davis is having a terrible senior campaign. He is a turnover or bad shot ready to happen. I agree with other posters, JJ is not getting the job done on the recruiting front.

I know about the Injuries; they are a part of the game. When I looked up the other night and saw Boxell and Chiles at the guard positions, I couldn't imagine this was D1 basketball.

Bring on the LSU kid! If the guy can play, I welcome him. If he can't, then we need to stay away from him. This team is playing like Darrell Dickey's first 2-3 years. (the crowds have been understandably disappointing) If this program doesn't improve soon, JJ may need to borrow a page from Trilli's book of how to free up scholarships.

Can you tell I'm a little frustrated? Jerome Rodgers is your point guard Johnny! Let's look to other options and/or sit Chris Davis down when he is playing poorly.

Go Tampa Bay!

When I looked up the other night and saw Boxell and Chiles at the guard positions, I couldn't imagine this was D1 basketball.

You read my mind. Actually, when I was listening to the Baylor game and heard that guard combo, I told CaraBear we had given up on that game.

C'mon now.. lets face it.. we are just not that good.

I don't think anyone was disputing that Travis. One good thing about it is many times a team like this that is clearly not talented as most other teams we play are the ones that pull off an upset or two and end up being our favorites. Jan. 30, Feb. 1, and 8 are great chances for this team to do some things in conference on paper they should not do.