Lamar Mystery Donor is Dan Smith Giving $6 Million

News KBMT

Bryan Rupp

Story Created: Mar 19, 2009 at 10:57 AM CDT

Story Updated: Mar 19, 2009 at 11:03 AM CDT

The Lamar University mystery donor has been announced to be Dan F. Smith an alumnus from 1969. Smith was a chemical engineering major. Smith is giving Lamar $5 million to the college of engineering and the university in honor of the donation will name the department for him.

In addition Smith is giving $1 million to the football program and the new press box will be named after him and his wife.

Lamar Donation

Note: This can be moved to the non-UNT sports section if necessary.

Edited by DeepGreen

Dan Smith Giving $6 Million

Smith was a chemical engineering major.

engineering major is the key there. i would guess most college athletic donations are made by lawyers, engineers, or business majors. mainly because they make the salary to do it. also because they know what athletics can do for their school. some just get it.

engineering major is the key there. i would guess most college athletic donations are made by lawyers, engineers, or business majors. mainly because they make the salary to do it. also because they know what athletics can do for their school. some just get it.

Not only that, but subsequent articles on his donation reveal that Mr. Smith was the President and CEO of Lyondell Chemical.

Not only that, but subsequent articles on his donation reveal that Mr. Smith was the President and CEO of Lyondell Chemical.

Dan Smith did a really good job turning them around too. Until Lyondell was bought out by Bissell, some Russian dude, who has driven Lyondell/Bissell into the ground.

Because people like to upset themselves and make comparisons that have no relevance or meaning...

Hardly. I'm just keeping everyone aware of what other, smaller programs are doing. Did I mention Lamar is reviving football again.

Hey Shaft, last time I looked at my original post I asked the administrators to move this thread from the football board if needed. And if we can't post other meaningful information on the Mean Green board then we need to eliminate the Non-UNT Sports section altogether.