Advantage Unt?

UNTLifer

I'm not sure anyone is as deep, but we may not have the true "goto" guy that other teams have. Of course what we do have is six players that have gone for over 20 points in one game or another, so hopefully we don't need that one star.

Our six 20+ scorers this season if I recall:

Collin Dennis

Dominique Johnson

Adam McCoy

Tristan Thompson

Eric Tramiel

Josh White

FIU can beat Western. I don't think the Golden Panthers are deep enough to survive 2 or 3 consecutive nights of games, but they can stand up with anyone in the Quarterfinals.

If they can score the upset, depth is going to play a HUGE role in who makes the finals.

Edited by TheTastyGreek

May I do a corollary, instead of being whipped for a hijack?!

What team(s) in the belt provide the biggest obstacle? WK and UALR are the top seeds, but UALR has not dominated us yet. Does WK present matchup problems for us?

Thoughts?

we were beating WKU for 38 min in Diddle....the last 2 min is what lost us the game...so yes i feel confident when i say we can hang with them.

Is there a deeper team in the SBC than us? I think this serves us well and allows us to go back to the NCAAA's.

Depth is what won for NT in 2007.

Kendrick Davis scored 24 points in the first tournament game in Denton, but caught the flu and was 1-20 from the field at Lafayette. Michael Sturns was healthy but ice cold from the field. He hit on 12 of 38 shots in the tournament. Keith Wooden was suffering from various injuries and was only able to play a total of 85 minutes in the tournament.

Several players took up the slack. Harold Stewart led the team with 33 rebounds and scored 35 points. Rich Young played his best at the tournament. Ben Bell was already a starter, but he had to take on a much larger offensive role to compensate for Davis and Sturns.

Everyone is healthy in 2009 and no one is in a deep slump. IMO we have as good a chance as anybody to win it, but everyone else has a chance too.

Edited by Buford_Julep