Mean Green Signing Day Thread

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think MUTS only has 1 3* this year

Yeah I double checked. One can'thelp forget their 4 star receiver from last year though. Troy's projected class is BCS caliber. Good for them. I don't put much stock into the "stars", but at this point in the game I suppose its all we have for comparisons. Time only tells a class.

Star Ratings mean so very little in the overall development of a college palyer. I trust that our coaches are doing the best they can to attract players who can help UNT win. I'll look at their "star ratings" after they complete their careers at UNT. Many All-Americans were originally walk-ons and "lower" star rated kids.

Playing at the college level is so very different than playing at the high school level that things can change for players overnight. Some can handle the transition better than others. Let's see how this calss turns out over time. Go get 'em UNT!

GO MEAN GREEN!

Has anyone local to Denton seen this K/P from Lewisville ever?

Yes, this guy was a steal, he flew under radar due to his being trained by his brother, a NFL Punter Prospect, instead of running the "Kicking Camp" circuit. I do know that he was one of the top performers at the "Lone Star Kicking Challenge" which had many of the states and countries top kickers. Although he flew under the radar he was still a 2nd/3rd team All-State Punter and could have been the same on the kicking side but most times a kicker will not be awarded both positions. A&M was very high on him but wanted to delay a scholarship til Spring. Also had serious talks with Iowa State, Utah, Kansas, and many IAA & DII schools but most D1 programs wanted to wait to offer until Spring or after signing day when some scholarships came open due to de-commits. This kid will be able to step in as a freshman and should fill the shoes from last year.

Lambeau: You're angry at me for doing what you could have done; but ask yourself, Sean. Ask yourself if you want Will to feel that way, if you want him to feel like a failure.

Sean: Oh, you arrogant s&$*! That's why I don't come to the g.d. reunions, 'cause I can't stand that look in your eye. Ya know, that condescending, embarrassed look. You think I'm a failure. I know who I am, and I'm proud of what I do. I was a conscientious choice, I didn't f up! And you and your cronies think I'm some sort of pity case. You and your kiss-ass chorus following you around going, "The Fields Medal! The Fields Medal!" Why are you still so f'in afraid of failure?

Please keep the offhand comments to a minimum in this thread, please. Minnie Driver, while certainly a terrific onscreen talent, does not have as much to do with North Texas football as perhaps she did in the past. Hijackings will be moderated.