Arkansas State (1/9/09)

CMJ

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i was busy doing ra traning...but i found out about the 2nd OT and gunned it to the pit...got thier with like a minute left in OT and saw all of 3rd OT and almost lost my voice yelling at John Brady and cheering the team in about a 6 min span...wooooooooooo what a RUSH! talk about passion! goooooooooooooooo Mean Green!

So you think this team is living up to expectations?

I'm a first year student. I have no idea what expectations are. During football season, the timbre of this board was easily understood. Now that basketball's here, and looking at post game comments even after wins, I've learned that I can set my watch to gmg members bitching about something. A win like this takes character. I like what I see.

That was a quality win. We shot 19 for 35 from the stripe & didn't start making 3's until overtime, and yet we won. We massively outrebounded a team that was averaging winning the boards battle by 7 a game. ASU was in the top 100 in the RPI going into the game. We had a 5 game losing streak, and this loss would have crushed us.

This was a nice win.

A few thoughts from tonight:

1)I don't care what kind of "dog house" he may work his way into from time to time, Tristan needs to be on the floor a bunch because he's about the best scorer we've got.

2)Free throws. Free throws. Let me say it again, FREE THROWS. Great teams bury you when you give them free throws, good teams keep themselves close and/or win with them...teams that shoot like we shot tonight have no business winning. That we did is a testament to heart. It's also a double-edged sword...a loss due to missed free throws might have taught this team more.

3)Adam McCoy, please use those hops. This is the one and only thing you do better than anyone else, when you have a chance to please posterize the nearest big man. Thank you.

4)Is Josh White experiencing a sophomore slump or is he just getting tons of attention? I don't know but what I do know is that at the end of the game when it's close you want the ball in his hands (and not Johnson's). He is just about money in the bank at the charity stripe.

5)Decent crowd but I can't help but notice...again...that it takes a work of God for people to stand. Also, Saturdays in the spring must somehow be different from Saturdays in the fall. Students not being there I can understand...alums, where did all of your zest for making Saturdays Mean Green days go?

6)We are a donut team. They should have fed their bigs all night and fouled us out. Period.

Official Attendance: 2,759

(Which for once seems a bit low to me)

I was suprised too. I thought it was at least 3,000 based off of other attendance estimates.

Also, the Pit Crew is barely functional. The turn out is low. I don't see signs, green wigs, cheering, etc. I hope that the new found Pit Crew traditions and strong turn out is not losing ground. Where are the painted faces? the green shirts? the wigs? the crazed Pit Crew fans? I do not mean to minimize the contributions of the students that are attending, but I hope that we can improve the student turn out.

I was suprised too. I thought it was at least 3,000 based off of other attendance estimates.

Also, the Pit Crew is barely functional. The turn out is low. I don't see signs, green wigs, cheering, etc. I hope that the new found Pit Crew traditions and strong turn out is not losing ground. Where are the painted faces? the green shirts? the wigs? the crazed Pit Crew fans? I do not mean to minimize the contributions of the students that are attending, but I hope that we can improve the student turn out.

School's not back in session yet.