We're In The Market For A New Hc

emmitt01

I have at least twice. I feel sorry for the managers of the Wal-Mart that is directly across the street. While they will be selling a lot of stuff on game day, they will also be chasing people off their parking lot who are trying to get free parking for the game, or setting up their tailgating in the parking lot.

Rumor is that JJ has already bought the Walmart and it will soon go away. Only a rumor, but a well circulated one.

Can you imagine the money they would make on alcohol and BBQ supplies sales on gameday? This leads me to question the rumor.

Rumor is that JJ has already bought the Walmart and it will soon go away. Only a rumor, but a well circulated one.

Can you imagine the money they would make on alcohol and BBQ supplies sales on gameday? This leads me to question the rumor.

And can you imagine the amount of loss they will take from shoplifters who there as part of the residual crowd...or how much fun it will be to run the drunks off during/after the game?

And can you imagine the amount of loss they will take from shoplifters who there as part of the residual crowd...or how much fun it will be to run the drunks off during/after the game?

Shoplifters wouldn't be a problem. No easy escape for them, since that whole area will be on traffic lock down. Not to mention that people that can afford Cowboy tickets are not likely to shoplift (I know, there will be people there not attending the game, but that would be a small percentage). Seems the concern would be the snatch and run on the beer/wine section.

Oh, and if you've never been to that Walmart, I'm sure they will have less shoplifting on game day then on regular days. I've seen the regular patrons.

The drunks wouldn't be Walmart's problem, they'd just call the good ole APD and give them a CT warning.

Now, the problems APD are going to encounter is an entirely different story.

Shoplifters wouldn't be a problem. No easy escape for them, since that whole area will be on traffic lock down. Not to mention that people that can afford Cowboy tickets are not likely to shoplift (I know, there will be people there not attending the game, but that would be a small percentage). Seems the concern would be the snatch and run on the beer/wine section.

Oh, and if you've never been to that Walmart, I'm sure they will have less shoplifting on game day then on regular days. I've seen the regular patrons.

The drunks wouldn't be Walmart's problem, they'd just call the good ole APD and give them a CT warning.

Now, the problems APD are going to encounter is an entirely different story.

hahahahaha :lol::lol: The part in bold is hilarious. If you only knew just how understaffed and ill prepared Arlington PD is with regard to this whole undertaking...the stadium and security...you would cry. (Come to think of it if you knew how sad APD is in general you'd shed a tear) Let me put it this way, I wouldn't go to a Cowboys game unless they were guaranteed to win and weren't playing anyone that the fans might not like.

hahahahaha :lol::lol: The part in bold is hilarious. If you only knew just how understaffed and ill prepared Arlington PD is with regard to this whole undertaking...the stadium and security...you would cry. (Come to think of it if you knew how sad APD is in general you'd shed a tear) Let me put it this way, I wouldn't go to a Cowboys game unless they were guaranteed to win and weren't playing anyone that the fans might not like.

You would be shocked about what I know about APD. :ph34r: Considerably more than you, I promise. Let's just say the first season should be very interesting.

They seem to do alright with the Rangers' games 81 times a year. What's the story with APD?

They seem to do alright with the Rangers' games 81 times a year. What's the story with APD?

Your talking about a crowd of 20k that shows up 30 minutes before the game, and is, for the most part, family oriented. With the Cowboys, your talking about 90,000 alcohol fueled fans that have been tailgaiting for 8 hours before kickoff. Not even close to the same. Opening day for the Rangers is a logistical nightmare for the PD, and that is only 45,000.

There are many issues at APD. Let's just say that they pride themselves on "doing more with less". As UNT fans, we all know the fallacy of this line of thinking.