Fau Vs Central Michigan

NT80

Man, all this band controversy stuff on a sports board; I just I should be happy now to at least have a minor in music from North Texas, and to sing in the church choir. Reminds me of something I read once about the three main controversies at churches; the choice of music, the temperature at which the temperture is set, and I can't remember the other one.

I know. I'm quit upset that I've been reduced to concerning myself with another team's marching band, because our program is so far removed from the action. How have we fallen so far? Where did it all go wrong? How will we turn it around?

So educate me. Other than beating us every time they've played us, what is it about FAU that brings such ire among the Mean Green Nation?

Well considering how well they've done in the 10 years or so of playing D-1 football (we've been playing since 1914) my ire is directed at our historically inept (regarding athletics) administrators rather than FAU.

I guess other people can't clearly identify the real people that their ire should be directed at, so they direct it at FAU.

Oldguy,

Schnellenberger is pretty straightforward. People here don't like that. After they beat us again this year, he said they didn't do anything special or different to account for Casey Fitzgerald.

Some thought that was haughty. The rest of us actually took is for what it was - a guy with six decades of coaching in the pros and college saying how easy it was to figure out what a high school coach's gameplan was going to be that day.

He just says stuff which bothers people here. No big deal. Many of us do as well. Truth hurts at times - especially when those times include 2-10 and 1-11 seasons back-to-back. But, it's not Schnellenberger's fault that our AD and administration didn't have enough sense to hire a college football coach a couple of years ago. He just gets to take advantage of it.