How Good Are We ?

calvin

I love the fact that we have won on the road so far b/c in the past we havent done that. It has worried me though that we havent been able to go on a big run or put teams away. We didnt exactly blow the doors off Cameron, and we have 2 point wins against JSU, SHSU, and NMSU all games where we could have put the games away. I would like to think that we are a lot better than we are playing so hopefully it will pick up soon. We need Josh to be more aggressive and take more shots on the offensive end and hopefully Collin will get out of his funk soon. How great would it be to win the next 3 and be 9-2 with UTA and MTSU coming in.

After 9 games, I still dont know how good we are. This is a game we should have won by 25 or 30. Up by 17 and cant put a team away, this is getting worrisome to me. We still havent clicked on all cylinders, we still havent gone on any big runs, its getting frustrating. Too many turnovers and too many easy transitions buckets that we gave up. Hopefully we can win these first 2 conference road games.

After 9 games, I still dont know how good we are. This is a game we should have won by 25 or 30. Up by 17 and cant put a team away, this is getting worrisome to me. We still havent clicked on all cylinders, we still havent gone on any big runs, its getting frustrating. Too many turnovers and too many easy transitions buckets that we gave up. Hopefully we can win these first 2 conference road games.

The other kids are on scholarship to you know. USA blew them out, but UTA, UNO, MTSU couldn't either. I'm pretty pleased where we are honestly. This is where we I thought we'd be after 9 games(though I had thought we'd play better against Houston).

USA beat them by 30 and MTSU beat them by 28.

I just dont understand how we can get up by 17 and not pull away at home? I am very happy with being 7-2, I was just hoping to be 6-3, but I didnt know every single home game was going to be so close.

Yahoo has the score of that game 80-63, or 17. Schools can get up by 17 and not put teams away, it happens all the time. Would I rather have won 25? Hell yes!

But you can throw everything out the window starting Thursday. Conference play starts and it's a whole new ballgame. Last year MTSU struggled mightily until SBC play started. Over the course of the season they found themselves and then were humming for the tournament. Alot of ball left.

I am more than happy to be 7-2 and I know what you are saying but if there was a game where we could have delivered the knockout blow and put a team away, it was tonight.

I guess we will see come this weekend but I just wish we would have had at least one blowout or semi blowout where we played a full 40 minutes and felt good about our squad.

But if we win 25 games by 2 points everytime then I will be happy.