The Snake Pit Might Become............

SUMG

I don't like it personally. There's nothing like getting the feel for the rim/surroundings...I'd be afraid of early season slow starts

I disagree. Granted the Mavs are off to a very slow start, but they don't practice at the AAC. Well, they do, but in a separate practice gym.

I think practicing in a separate facility would be fine. I'm sure you would still have shootarounds and the occasional practice in the "game" facility to get the feel.

Even USC's Galen Center has practice courts included in the building itself. Last I heard Duke was planning on building(or had finished?) practice courts UNDERNEATH Cameron Indoor(was the basement that big?). Alot of schools all over are doing this sort of thing. Seems like a solid move to me.

Edited by CMJ

Plus, the team will have a place to hide when the robots turn on the Super Pit and decide to kill us all.

Death to Cheeseburger Steve!

I often worry about bringing the robotics competition to the Super Pit. It's just a matter of time until Skynet flips the switch and attempts to erradicate the human race.

Was the Men's Gym already being used for something else that the hoops teams couldn't ever have it? It's like a lightbulb went off in someone's head about having another gym across the street from the SuperPit. I thought they already had access to it whenever they needed it? I have doubts about our campus leaders sometimes when these obvious things are posted as new ideas.

Was the Men's Gym already being used for something else that the hoops teams couldn't ever have it? It's like a lightbulb went off in someone's head about having another gym across the street from the SuperPit. I thought they already had access to it whenever they needed it? I have doubts about our campus leaders sometimes when these obvious things are posted as new ideas.

It was used as the volleyball facility until the Liberty Christian purchase and conversion. It was also used for classes.

It was used as the volleyball facility until the Liberty Christian purchase and conversion. It was also used for classes.

I was in it in the spring and it still had a full basketball court setup, even with side baskets. I just thought it was obvious that is should be or already was a basketball practice facility ever since they built the SuperPit 35 years ago.