Only At North Texas

I arrived at the stadium around 3:30 or so today and while waiting for some friends to show up I figured I could go over to the ticket office and see about getting men's basketball season tickets. When I walk up to the door a lady stops me and tells me that if I want to buy a ticket for the football game to go next door. I advise her I want to check into season tickets for basketball. She told me to wait and went inside for a minute and came back out and told me that I couldn't buy basketball season tickets today, they were just handling will call. Mind you, this is about 4pm or so, so the place isn't exactly overflowing with people lining up to pick up tickets for will call. So they are turning people away who are in Denton for a football game and want to buy season tickets for the upcoming basketball game. Later, when they announced during the game that JJ and Shanice want you to buy tickets, I just laughed since I was turned away from doing just that earlier in the day.

I just realized how ridiculous it is that they can't have someone there to ring up season tickets when basketball season is just around the corner. Football game days are when the most alumni are back in town, and why wouldn't we kill two birds with one stone? Unbelievable.

To expound on your point, it was also Homecoming.

It seems that this university does things that make my mind hurt more than it does things to put my mind at ease. This kind of stuff shouldn't happen. I'm not saying that UNT is in the begging category... but they should bend over backwards for anyone who walks up wanting season tickets. To be honest though... I can't wait until the day I graduate and therefore get my chance to have a damned hard time trying to buy basketball season tickets!!!

No NT needs to be in begging mode and they are in begging mode. Remember they only raised 6-7 million dollars in like 6 or 7 years for the stadium. Without the vote they would have never sniffed building the stadium. So yes I would say NT is in begging mode and if they are not then they surely need to think about being beggars.

it never fails to amaze me how often UNT shoots itself in the foot and how inept our Athletic Department Staff truly are, thousands of fans in town for their one time a year and they pull this crap.

Beautiful, just beautiful. Rick must love that staff there.

He must love them, they are under his leadership and he hired a lot of them.

Here is another one for you - once I got to the tailgating area today, I was told that for some unknown reason, they blocked everyone out of the tailgating area before the game.

Can ANYONE explain to me why the UNT police won't allow fans (especially on Homecoming weekend) not park in the parking lot just east of the Super Pit?

As my family and I were tailgating yesterday, 2 members of the Men's Basketball team came over to hand out Basketball schedules. I told them we were Season Ticket holders and that we were really looking forward to this year. Dominique Johnson was one of the guys and he said that they were all very excited, and thanked me for buying tickets.

After they moved on to the next tent, my wife and I discussed how nice they were, and were looking forward to watching the them play.

As my family and I were tailgating yesterday, 2 members of the Men's Basketball team came over to hand out Basketball schedules. I told them we were Season Ticket holders and that we were really looking forward to this year. Dominique Johnson was one of the guys and he said that they were all very excited, and thanked me for buying tickets.

After they moved on to the next tent, my wife and I discussed how nice they were, and were looking forward to watching the them play.

Wow, I didn't even know about that. So, on Homecoming when many fans are in town for perhaps their only game of the year, the basketball team is going around handing out schedules and promoting the team, which is great. Then the ticket office turns people away when they want to buy basketball season tickets??? What a Mickey Mouse operation we have going on in our AD.

Yesterday I had two extra people who were willing to come to the game with me. We didn't have tickets for them and they didn't want to wait in line to buy tickets or wait in line at will call to pick them up. They wanted to order their tickets online and print them from home. But apparently the UNT athletic department does not have that capacity. The freaking dollar movie theater near my house has the capacity to let you print your tickets at home and skip waiting in line, but the UNT athletic department does not. It is 2008. This pisses me off.

Beautiful, just beautiful. Rick must love that staff there.

It's not about love. I'm convinced that a few of them have compromising photos of him...otherwise there is no explanation for their continued employment.

As for the tailgating and parking situation, don't get me started. Can someone, anyone, tell me why you shut down North Texas Blvd before every game when you have a gaping hole in the blue lot and many people aren't early arrivers?

It's not about love. I'm convinced that a few of them have compromising photos of him...otherwise there is no explanation for their continued employment.

As for the tailgating and parking situation, don't get me started. Can someone, anyone, tell me why you shut down North Texas Blvd before every game when you have a gaping hole in the blue lot and many people aren't early arrivers?

I've been wondering why 1/3 of Fouts' lot has been empty. That and shutting down the lot to the East of the Superpit is making a lot of people have to park a lot further away than they need to.

Yesterday I had two extra people who were willing to come to the game with me. We didn't have tickets for them and they didn't want to wait in line to buy tickets or wait in line at will call to pick them up. They wanted to order their tickets online and print them from home. But apparently the UNT athletic department does not have that capacity. The freaking dollar movie theater near my house has the capacity to let you print your tickets at home and skip waiting in line, but the UNT athletic department does not. It is 2008. This pisses me off.

I thought that you can order them online and just print out the page with the confirmation number and present it to them in the will call and they should give you the tickets almost instantly. I have had friends do that and they ordered them on the same day as the game. Perhaps it is different now?

I went around noon to get parking next to the Super Pit along side the Tennis Courts. And I got front row parking. All you have to do is ask to park there. They closed it down specifically so the big floats could fit after the parade is over, but if you went before or after the parade (driving from the Rec Center side as NT BLVD was closed) they let you park there. I did it for every game last year and again this year. Just ask the NT Security parking people that are sitting there. They are actually really nice about moving their cones and stuff. You just have to tell them you want to tailgate there near the new "student tailgating area." And it's great because after the game your car is close so you don't have to hike a mile or 2 to your car.

Just a tip!

Another AD staff winning combo: my 5 year old daughter and I were running of the field right next to each other after the halftime lineup for the Jr Mean Green Club. One of the AD guys on the field grabs me by the arm and tells me I need to go to the back of the end zone to leave the field (we were on about the 5 yard line). He grabs me and stops me, but he lets my daughter continue to run. When I point out that he let my daughter go with out me, he lets me go. Another AD member ( he been here for years and I can't understand why - I have never seen him act like anything than irritated towards fans) yells at me that I need to do a better job of keeping up with my kids. These are the kind of people that will end up costing RV his job I'm afraid.

Probably best they didn't come. I'd hate for them to get upset waiting in line to go to the restroom or to buy concessions. Seems like a weak excuse to get "pissed off.". They probably turn away wrinkled $100 bills too.