Bricks, Bricks, Bricks

greenjoe

I think the "name-on-a-brick" is a good idea. It's a way for us regular guys to participate in the new Stadium. But my question is how much would you pay for a brick ? If the Students pay $30 million, that leaves another $30 million. And that's if the estimates are correct and there are no cost overruns or work order changes.

So how much would you pay ? At $125. per brick, we'd need 240,000 donors. That will be offset by bigger donors of course, but even at half of $30 mil, we'd need 120,000 bricks (at $125).

Would you, Mr. GMG Poster, write a check for $125. right now ? And keep in mind, this is in addition to your Mean Green donation and your season tickets.

The Students (note the upper case "S") have spoken. Now it's up to us.

GO MEAN GREEN

Yes, I would pay $125.00 for a brick. At that price, I would buy one for me, my wife, and my son.

I am with you Silver. At that price I would buy several as well. How does it actually work.

Are names on the bricks, are they visible at ground level, (might not be too attractive), or is

there a wall engraved with the names of the brick donors?

I am with you Silver. At that price I would buy several as well. How does it actually work.

Are names on the bricks, are they visible at ground level, (might not be too attractive), or is

there a wall engraved with the names of the brick donors?

Personally I have seen at most college athletic facilities the way it is done is that the bricks are just normal bricks, and there is a "wall of donors" or something like that with plaques commemerating all of the contributors to that facility and the different levels of sponsorship (i.e. platinum, gold, silver, bronze, green, white, whatever).

Personally I have seen at most college athletic facilities the way it is done is that the bricks are just normal bricks, and there is a "wall of donors" or something like that with plaques commemerating all of the contributors to that facility and the different levels of sponsorship (i.e. platinum, gold, silver, bronze, green, white, whatever).

I think you will see the Alumni Association become involved in a "Victory" or "Corridors of Years" walk with bricks doing just this. The planning is embryonic but the potential is exciting!

The plaque idea works well. In the SuperPit somewhere is a plaque with the names of those who bought green seats when the orange ones needed to be pitched. Maybe the best thing to come from the Trilli era.

If you must have your name on a brick, make it bricks in a concourse or walkway.

Absolutely yes to the brick or plaque idea. My wife is an OU grad and could care less about NT football. She is fine with our donations to NT athletics. But, if I can get her name on a plaque or group of bricks, it will be an even easier sell ;)

I would think that there are others in the same boat when it comes to their spouses.

Edited by akriesman

I know there are at least 2 ways to do these. One is the in-ground pavers which are engraved with messages (they did this recently with Honors Hall on campus) that can be laid in walkways or patio areas.

The second way is engraving on wall blocks (like on a cinder-block). This can be done after the wall is constructed, since a company can come and add the engravings to the existing wall (they have done this at the Denton Soccer Association building in Northlakes Park).

You an always re-lay pavers and add to that with time, but it is probably easier to do those up-front. The wall-type engravings could potentially be added to continually (same as with the plaque ideas).

Absolutely yes to the brick or plaque idea. My wife is an OU grad and could care less about NT football. She is fine with our donations to NT athletics. But, if I can get her name on a plaque or group of bricks, it will be an even easier sell ;)

I would think that there are others in the same boat when it comes to their spouses.

:clapping:

I'm in....however its done. GREAT to see the Alumni Association getting involved in this fund raising activity for the stadium. Lots of good things happening with the Alumni Association these days...moving ever forward...I encourage all non-member Alums to "come out of the closet" and join the Alumni Association....it's a great way to network with fellow Alums, enjoy some great Mixers and support scholarship activities and building programs for UNT!!!!!

Think about it...AND...it is very inexpensive to join...best deal is the LIFE MEMBERSHIP at $500 (I think that's still what it is)...especially if you are a fairly recent grad (or expect to live a few years more). After several...SEVERAL...anuual dues years I finally became a Life memebr...never have to pay dues again! That's a great return on my money! Think about it!

GO MEAN GREEN...JOIN THE ALUMNI ASSOCIATION...JOIN THE MEAN GREEN CLUB!!!!!!