An Honest Question

emmitt01

How is your strength coach? Are your guys getting stonger and aerobically fit? Are they getting worn out toward the end of games?

Dude, I asked this question last year and darn near got banned. Then, I theorized that the quick pace of the spread offense made it essential to have the defense turn around and be ready to get back on the field post haste. Therefore, to be effective the whole game through, I thought the fellas would need to work on stamina.

Again, if there'd been a tree and rope near, I'd have been lynched.

This year, our offense isn't moving the ball much anyway, so whatever the strength coaches want to do is fine. Give 'em all a box of Twinkies and a bag of those disgusting marshmellow surrounded chocolate things that Satan himself in hell came up with. The way our seasn is going, it won't matter.

The next coach can get a new strength and conditioning guy if he wants one.

Edited by The Fake Lonnie Finch

Give 'em all a box of Twinkies and a bag of those disgusting marshmellow surrounded chocolate things that Satan himself in hell came up with. The way our seasn is going, it won't matter.

The next coach can get a new strength and conditioning guy if he wants one.

You don't like MoonPies??????!!!! I really love those things! I can finish a whole box off as long as I have an ice cold glass of milk near by.

:P

Edited by Got5onIt

Calling Vernon, TX West Texas is a bit of a stretch.

Ok so im real bored and did a little a research tonight on finding out if Vernon would qualify as "west texas".

The western most city I could find a latitude for was El Paso and the furthest most eastern city I could find was in Newton county. Doing some math in my head I've come up with that any city greater than a latitde of 99.99 35'20 W could deemed "west".

Vernon sits at 99 17'26 W. So very close but no cigar , my numbers may be a bit off ( had another site that had Vernon's lat at 96) but I'm very bored and just sittin around waiting for saturday!!

Edited by NT03

Ok so im real bored and did a little a research tonight on finding out if Vernon would qualify as "west texas".

The western most city I could find a latitude for was El Paso and the furthest most eastern city I could find was in Newton county. Doing some math in my head I've come up with that any city greater than a latitde of 99.99 35'20 W could deemed "west".

Vernon sits at 99 17'26 W. So very close but no cigar , my numbers may be a bit off ( had another site that had Vernon's lat was at 96) but I'm very bored and just sittin around waiting for saturday!!

Did you major in geography?

Calling Vernon, TX West Texas is a bit of a stretch.

---Fort Worth for years has claimed it is where the West Begins. I am from Midland and I consider Vernon (also Wichita Falls) part of West Texas... similiar attitudes, oil and ranch country, not a lot of tall trees unless planted or along a creek. Even in UIL regional meets in various sports it sits in the Western Region. Not in "Far West Texas" maybe but then Midland isn't either... El Paso people laugh when they refer to us in Midland as being Central Texas. We are as close to Fort Worth as El Paso.

--How about everything that lies west of what was the Chisholm trail.... not a bad dividing line.

Derrick Mendoza from Hereford, was the last one I recall .

---No one out here refers to Hereford as West Texas, at least rarely do. North of Lubbock is refered to as the "panhandle".... That area except womens sports get regularly trounced by this area. The UIL redid the district last year (yes Amarillo is now in Midland District --200+ miles away--crazy) and the top five teams are from this area and the bottom feeders are all from the "panhandle".