An Honest Question

emmitt01

For Kram and those who say that Dodge is "gonna turn things around", what leads you to believe this? What are you seeing that signals that progress is on the way? I know it's fun to simply state that the tide is turning because you want it to be so...but I can say that I'll win the lottery all day and still not be a millionaire. So, honestly, what are you seeing that the rest of us clearly are not?

For Kram and those who say that Dodge is "gonna turn things around", what leads you to believe this? What are you seeing that signals that progress is on the way? I know it's fun to simply state that the tide is turning because you want it to be so...but I can say that I'll win the lottery all day and still not be a millionaire. So, honestly, what are you seeing that the rest of us clearly are not?

An honest answer : I too thinK Dodge will turn it around , but have NO idea why I feel this way. I would say because we have DeLoach back and a very young team , but there are probably a ton of teams that consider themselves " young" are still at least competting.

I'm willing to give Dodge a whole year after this to see results , but if we go O'fer this year and do not have at least 5 wins the next maybe it's time to part ways.

We need a stud, strong RB with power and speed.

We need WR's who can truly stretch the field and run a 4.3 and 4.40 legitimate forty. WE have none right now.

We need to recruit quality JUCO lineman on both sides of the ball. We need a punter to replace Truman and may have to find a kicker with confidence after this season.

We need Dodge to adjust his sets. We need a TE in our game plan. We might even need two TE's that can play. We have to be able to pound the ball to keep things balanced and to have some max protection schemes to give us some time to make some reads.

FIU just dominated us with their four man front and sometimes bringing five. That left 6 or 7 better athletes covering a whole lot of territory when we threw the ball.

Until Dodge puts an emphasis on OL and DL and brings in the mentality that we can control the line of scrimmage, UNT will not do anything.

I hate to say this, but we need some outlaws who are mean, nasty, and ready to kick some ass who have an attitude.

Edited by UNT2012

Kinda tired of hearing we don't have speed.

All these kids Dodge brought in are from a measurement standpoint as big/fast as UNT has ever been blessed with.

The problem is that someone ain't putting them in a position to be game-time fast and show off any semblence of football instinct.

Those '02 kids were ballers, regardless of their 40s, and regardless of their weight. And that's what our current kids need to be shown. And I don't think you can put the blame on their shoulders anymore.

How many times can you question a kid's heart before they question your sanity?

Edited by greenminer

We need a stud, strong RB with power and speed.

We need WR's who can truly stretch the field and run a 4.3 and 4.40 legitimate forty. WE have none right now.

I wouldnt expect UNT to be able to recruit legit 4.3 guys since there are only a handful of guys in the league running sub 4.4. Come on now you have to set realistic expectations.

--Recruit WEST TEXAS.!!... in NT's best years we had some West Texas kids....many of which were team leaders .....who really hate to lose and don't just throw in the towel when things go poorly... Lately UNT has ignored the area. Brewster was about the last one from the area. I believe that both Permian and Abilene are in the top 10 of AAAAA... there is also talent at other places as well.....UNT will ignor them.

--Recruit WEST TEXAS.!!... in NT's best years we had some West Texas kids....many of which were team leaders .....who really hate to lose and don't just throw in the towel when things go poorly... Lately UNT has ignored the area. Brewster was about the last one from the area. I believe that both Permian and Abilene are in the top 10 of AAAAA... there is also talent at other places as well.....UNT will ignor them.

Agreed. We seem to have shifted our recruiting to mostly Dallas ISD, East Texas and Southeast Texas. We're getting some good players, but you bring in a ton of schools to compete against once you get closer to the SEC/Louisiana border. Not that West Texas isn't hotly recruited, but you have fewer schools that are within driving distance the further west you recruit.

No, I don't think we are making progress at this point. The answer is simple: We are really sorry at recruiting the positions that truly win championships and that is in the trenches. We are particularly weak in the defensive line. We need to recruit some monsters there. Unfortunately, there aren't enough to go around. Good receivers are a dime a dozen. Great defensive tackles are rare and we don't get them. The OUs and UTs of the world swallow them all up. A new stadium and some excitement might help us get a few.

. I believe that both Permian and Abilene are in the top 10 of AAAAA... there is also talent at other places as well.....UNT will ignor them.

I think Dodge slammed the door on the Abilene and possibly the west Texas area by the way he treated the recruit from Abilene Cooper who had committed to Dickey. According to the interview with the Abilene Cooper head coach that was in the Abilene paper not only would Dodge NOT return the kids calls, he wouldn't return the calls of the coach either. I did a google search on the Abilene Cooper coach. He coached tight ends at the U of Houston for several years under Briles. Before coaching for Briles he had been a 5A high school at several high schools in Texas. So what does that man for UNT? I think that means you have a former D1 assistant coach now in the high school ranks that probably has a lot of football coaching connections that has spread the word about how he and one of his kids was treated by Dodge. I don't think that will work in UNT's favor.

How is your strength coach? Are your guys getting stonger and aerobically fit? Are they getting worn out toward the end of games?

Kinda tired of hearing we don't have speed.

All these kids Dodge brought in are from a measurement standpoint as big/fast as UNT has ever been blessed with.

The problem is that someone ain't putting them in a position to be game-time fast and show off any semblence of football instinct.

Those '02 kids were ballers, regardless of their 40s, and regardless of their weight. And that's what our current kids need to be shown. And I don't think you can put the blame on their shoulders anymore.

How many times can you question a kid's heart before they question your sanity?

Derrick Mendoza from Hereford, was the last one I recall .