An Unthinkable Question

Smitty

Okay, now that our resident Desert Fox is done, I'll respond to the claim that none of us who dare criticize Dodge have any facts. Yes, he actually said that. Said it was a preschool debate.

Apparently the worst start in Sun Belt conference history by any coach EVER isn't good enough for the Red Baron.... that's just straight Ws and Ls, by the way, not even taking into account the humiliating, unprepared, submissive BS way we've lost most of those.

Apparently no red flags are raised by defections, cover-ups, discipine issues, a "pipeline" that never developed, staff changes, mistakes galore, and the fact that we have a high school coach with a career record more than ten games below .500 prior to arriving at SLC, where even a Frenchman could win. The losingest coach in SLC history is 12 games over .500, and Dodge's huge streak there isn't even the biggest at that stinking school in the last 20 years, Ledbetter's from 86-93 was longer. Good grief.

Oh... that's right... he took over a program "in the abyss"... the cupboard was SOOOO bare... per Tina: "Dodge inherited a former NCAA leading running back, a wide receiver who would become an honorable mention All-American, another wide receiver who very nearly became a member of the San Diego Chargers, and a Quarterback who would set multiple school single-game records before getting benched." Yeah. Sucks, man. A lot worse than what most coaches take over in new positions (where they almost always do MUCH better.).

Mario Cristobal took over a winless FIU program whose only notoriety came from a nationally televised brawl. Cristobal's team was maligned at every position, had no depth, worse fan support than at UNT, and a AD under NCAA sanctions. Dodge had all the above players, several starters he quickly benched, and was three years removed from a 26-game conference winning streak, which most schools will NEVER sniff. So, any reasonable person would assume that naturally, Cristobal owns the small of Dodge's back. Hard.

That's fine, though. None of it's Dodge's fault... until you can provide ONE compelling reason this thing is going to turn around in its present incarnation, I hope these facts are enough for you.

Oh, and until then, come on out to Fouts this Saturday... I think it will be right up Rommel's alley -- It's gonna be alot like Kristallnacht, and we ain't the Germans.

What he said.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

so greek-

i can't make heads or tails out of your german references?

i don't know if you are going to fly a wwI fighter at shoot me out of the sky, red baron style.

i don't know if you are going to help plot my assination like Gen. Rommel did to adolf.

i don't know if you are coming to my house and break my windows because you think i am jewish.

well the two men you did mention were Prussian.....so i guess that is the only association i got out of your post.

see ya at the game saturday.

Good job responding to the facts and not turning this into anything besides a real debate. If only there was some kind of Stormfront board that helped give you links to defend everything you believed in.

We've been addressing each of these issues 1 by 1 for a couple of weeks, but you swooped in and asked for facts without reading anything or listening to people, so this is obviously a point for you. You probably want everyone to recap everything they said elsewhere, but we have gotten most of it out, are waiting to see what happens next and are trying to move on. You think that your 11th hour comment deserves a federal case.

And don't worry, no one who has ever read the board has any misperceptions that you are Jewish. You definitely put that to bed long ago.