Has Anyone Been To Rubber Gloves Rehearsal Studio?

I doubt it would be your scene Rick.

Rubber Gloves is off McKinney just over the train tracks...its a seedy dive...and I am using that term with only 100% positive inflection. Its a solid venue with good sound...it was probably the best place to check out a show until Hailey's rolled around. If you're down with cheap PBR and a good rok atmosphere this is the place.

And by McKinney I meant Bell.

Who are you planning to see?

Tito and Tarantula.

The killer is the show is late Wednesday night. The doors open at 10 p.m. and I live in Dallas. That's a brutal combination in the middle of the week. But I'd like to see those guys, so I'll have to think about it. Sounds like a good place. Thanks for the information.

Tito and Tarantula.

The killer is the show is late Wednesday night. The doors open at 10 p.m. and I live in Dallas. That's a brutal combination in the middle of the week. But I'd like to see those guys, so I'll have to think about it. Sounds like a good place. Thanks for the information.

Yeah...and it looks like their headlining with 3 previous acts...they probably wont see the stage until about 1 and then play a bit past close would be my guess. If you can't make that show you need to keep an eye on their calender...that place is a must go for any Dentonite who loves music. I checked out the rest of their schedule, as well as Hailey's and both seem to be pulling in some nice mid-level talent...a nice step up from when I was in school...and thats good to see.

Yeah...and it looks like their headlining with 3 previous acts...they probably wont see the stage until about 1 and then play a bit past close would be my guess. If you can't make that show you need to keep an eye on their calender...that place is a must go for any Dentonite who loves music. I checked out the rest of their schedule, as well as Hailey's and both seem to be pulling in some nice mid-level talent...a nice step up from when I was in school...and thats good to see.

Not that Tito and Tarantula is that huge or anything, but they are a solid group with an international rep and it's very encouraging to see a band like that in Denton. Good to know there are venues like that in town. Thanks again for the information.

I dig the hell out of Rubber Gloves, though its been a long while since I've been there. Seemed like they always had really good acoustics in that place which made it a pleasure to listen to a fair-to-decent band

Lord! I was going to that place around 1997-1998, and the acoustics were HORRIBLE!! :lol:

About like my garage. I did get to catch a bill of Boris the Sprinkler, Riverboat Gamblers (!), and the Reds there one night that was a pretty hilarious show, and Marky Ramone one time, as well. Pretty up close and personal place.

And LongJim... Boris the Sprinkler? Have you been rummaging through my high school music collection?

Heh! That was back in my sneak the 8mm video camera in and bootleg the show days...*sigh!*

Where have those times gone?

Oh yeah--I'd look like a dill doing that at 40+ B)

One could always go down to Dan's Silver Leaf and watch Billy Joe Shaver... you know, before he gets put in prison for shooting a man in the face with a handgun.

I did forget about Dan's...awesome venue...I once split a bottle of Don Julio 1942 with a buddy bartender of mine who was looking to get fired. That stuff is something like $120 a bottle...and delish.

Dear God, the Argo. I haven't thought about that place in forever...it makes Fouts look classy and new. I wouldn't make any comparison at all between the Argo and Rubber Gloves.

I will not stand for anyone disparaging The Argo.

Where's that kitten dueling picture? I need to issue a challenge.