Fwst College Confidential Blog

FWST

I would think the "dump of college football" line would be a good motivator for people to vote yes. Who wants a nationally known "dump" at their school?

Fouts is bad but other stadiums are equally bad. Start with places like Akron, Idaho, La Tech and I'm sure there are others that qualify for dump status.

Fouts is bad but other stadiums are equally bad. Start with places like Akron, Idaho, La Tech and I'm sure there are others that qualify for dump status.

Horse cawk! At least in the Kibbie Dome, fans can bask in their glory while not revealing their presence to outsiders.

It is a luxury not afforded to Fouts Field. Stupid ADA.

"If approved by the senate next Wednesday after some committee and open discussion"

Is there a chance it could get shot down before the student vote?

I hope not. It be the dumbest thing ever done by a governmental body on any level. Of course, the next action would be to put together a petition to put it on the ballot, but I think it is too late to go down that path to get it on the fall ballot.

Am told that the student vote is a must, so its probably a go...after that, it depends. One step at a time folks...progress is being made...one step at a time, but at least it is "forward progress".

And, I do not think Fouts is a dump!!!! Sure UNT needs a new stadium, but you sure havene't been to many other stadiums around the country if you consider Fouts a "dump". Old, cramped, lacks modern amenities, small press box, track, etc., etc. But, Fouts is no where near a dump! It's certainly much better now than when I was a UNT undergard so many years ago. Heck, we even have a "drunk tank"!

Speaking of the "drunlk tank"...rumor has it that the Miller and Bud "free beer give-a-way was back for the Tulsa game. Can someone confirm that for me? If so, how and the he4ck did I miss that????? DUMB ME! Free beer and i walked by the tents numerous times. Last season, Ms Prez B cut out the free beer...has "she who must be obeyed" relented???? Man, I hope so. Tell me it's true!!!!!!

1) Unless they changed the rules, petitions need to be in 7 days before the election. There used to be no deadline, so they could show up the day of the election with a petition and try to get it on. That's why I wrote up the deadline rule in the first place but they may have changed the time frame.

2) The fluctuating amount above the $3/hr is uually what is decided by the SSF Committee, though the admin can alter that, but the BOR has to okay it anyway.

3) I'm not the one who made up the "dump" line, I just think it's a good way to get students to think hard about a new stadium. I've seen nicer HS stadiums (though to be fair, I lived in NRH, right down the road from SLC).