Stadium Video

bobelok

And this was recorded from the student side. You can hear how the drumline and cheers for band were drowning out a very important message.

PISS POOR planning by the AD.

WHY? Why wasn't RV on the PA system addressing what we were getting ready to show in the video? Why were the department heads that had things going on at the game (Band Director for one) told of this and how important it was? Why didn't they do a run through of this video a few days before they did it, at the stadium?

While I am asking whys, why in the world can we not have our scoreboards WORKING FOR THE FIRST GAME?

Unreal.

Yes - there is a detailed script for every game written out to the minute for each sport we play.

Now, getting people to follow it and stay on time is a bit more difficult.

The pre-game chant was received by the students around me as not worth doing because it sounded (to them) like a rip of "Texas fight."

I would have liked to see RV with a mic telling everyone to settle down and watch the scoreboard, but you had kids running in circles getting ready for the team to come out and the band deciding it was time to put on a drumline show for the Tulsa band (don't high school's do that in the first quarter?) I don't want to knock the bands hard work, but the coordinator playing the fight song as the offense prepared to snap the ball during a small lull in play was kind of the last draw for them not being in sync with the action. Why do we play when we are on offense - especially while driving towards the bad side of the field? Why do the fans cheer along - I've seen A&M yell leaders start cheers while on offense and seen fans smart enough to lay out - and they're just Aggies.

It's like Rangers fans doing the wave when the team is batting - there doesn't seem to be a fan base in the area that can make noise unless their hands are held through the entire process (minus hockey folk, and my theory is they are mostly transplants.)