Pourhouse Is Catering At The Pre-tulsa Game Festivities

Harry

Feel free to drop by the Coors Light Tailgate Tent and get some free drinks/eats as our sponsor Pourhouse Sports Grill is handling the catering. Grab a bracelet and if you visit the Pourhouse Sports Grill after the game you will get your 1st Coors 16 ounce draft for free!

Also, Pourhouse is having a UFC fight night broadcast after the game that starts at 9PM. $5 cover. Click here for directions.

GMG!

It feels great for an alum (I hope I got that right as someone posted proper usage on one of the other boards) to be actively involved with the school. I live in Keller but I am going to make it to the Pourhouse as often as I can. I know I am preaching to the choir, but we need show our support for this establishment. Maybe other local business owners will realize how many Mean Green there are in the area and make an effort to court us.

It gets frustrating working in Ft. Worth and many of the local businesses, even national retailers and restaurants court TCU. I asked the manger at PappaBugers why no NT stuff on the walls and he said there was and pointed to one small pennant. I asked him why TCU, Tech, Baylor, UT, aTm (maybe SMU, but not postive) had painted images painted around the ceiling, but no NT. He said no support. I asked him the size of the school... clueless, size of alumni... once again clueless. He said if he got more request he could do something about it.

I am starting to rant.

Go Mean Green

Pourhouse, thanks for supporting the university!

Edited by scotty474

It gets frustrating working in Ft. Worth and many of the local businesses, even national retailers and restaurants court TCU. I asked the manger at PappaBugers why no NT stuff on the walls and he said there was and pointed to one small pennant. I asked him why TCU, Tech, Baylor, UT, aTm (maybe SMU, but not postive) had painted images painted around the ceiling, but no NT. He said no support. I asked him the size of the school... clueless, size of alumni... once again clueless. He said if he got more request he could do something about it.

I am starting to rant.

Go Mean Green

Pour House, thanks for support the university!

I know right now there is a lack of NT stuff in the Pour House. They are working on how to remedy that and how to best leverage the advertising dollars. The University usually wants money in return for shwag. That said I am thrilled to see them partner up here with Harry and Co and get some people involved in the game and people out to the restaurant.

Great news on The Pourhouse.

Regarding memorabilia, GGII might be someone to talk to. The McDonald's on I35 near North Texas Blvd. use to be decorated with all North Texas stuff, helmet light fixtures, photos, color scheme, etc..., during the Fry/"Flying Worm" era in the 70's. I wonder what happened to all of that stuff. There were great black and white photos on the walls that I would have loved to have.

Great news on The Pourhouse.

Regarding memorabilia, GGII might be someone to talk to. The McDonald's on I35 near North Texas Blvd. use to be decorated with all North Texas stuff, helmet light fixtures, photos, color scheme, etc..., during the Fry/"Flying Worm" era in the 70's. I wonder what happened to all of that stuff. There were great black and white photos on the walls that I would have loved to have.

I remember this stuff! I wonder where it is?? That stuff would be worth a mint.....at least to me :D

NOTE: I went by the tent and was run out of there like I farted or something. I was informed in no uncertain terms that this was a private party and I was not welcome without an invitation.

I went to the Pourhouse today to watch the pats game ( brady :( )....nice place.... only thing that sucked was that you could not have audio as thier was 5 tv's their and 1 tv was loud enough to fill the whole place....food was great, expensive for a poor college kid like me but it tasted good....heard they have a media room with a HUGH tv...gonna look into that next week....overall i would give the place a B+. Good food, nice staff, lack of UNT stuff ( did see the schedule though) and bad audio situation ( sucked not being able to hear about what happened to brady) but over all a good place!

NOTE: I went by the tent and was run out of there like I farted or something. I was informed in no uncertain terms that this was a private party and I was not welcome without an invitation.

I was wanting to say something about this but didn't want to make a big deal but since its been menioned , I'll post my thoughts on this. My wife went up to their tent wanting a plate of food. One of the guys in a red shirt was very rude and told her she needed a wrist band. She asked how to get one and he said he wasn't sure and pointed us over to the Coors Light people. The Coors Light people didnt have a clue and sorta ignored us. I went back to one of the workers and offered to pay for a plate and they just acted like we were being a bother to them. Needless to say, living in Frisco, I'll be heading to Texas Tailgate or Varsitys for my sports bar action.

Some apologies need to go out here. Let me first say this was not a Pourhouse issue it was a Coors issue. Coors told the Pourhouse that everything was as we presented it. Prior to 4:30 one of the Coors officials announced that this was a private party and that they would not allow any visitors. After 4:30 they changed their mind and decided to open it up to everyone as originally promised. Anyway, don't blame the Pourhouse on this - it wasn't their fault. We are both sorry for any inconveniences our fans encountered on this and will try to make it up to you next time. GMG!

Had the same experience with being "turned away"...not a good thing, but sure didn't ruin my day. I just couldn't figure out why it was advertised as it was and then this happens. It may not have been a Pourhouse issue, but as they were the sponser why was it not coordinated better ahead of time and once it "changed" why was no one from the Pourhouse there to help "explain" or to at least get the crappy folks running the tent to be nice???? Not very good PR for the Pourhouse. If it's your event...take control. I like the Pourhose, but was certainly disappointed at how I (and my wife) were treated.

One needs to realize that the tents in the "official" tailgate area are, for the vast majority, "private. That way they can serve beer. Beer used to be OK as a "freebie", but that was before "her royal higness" Ms B became Prez.

I got over it real fast, as there was just too much fun to be had and other folks to see. I am sure this will get fixed. The Coors folks should be ashamed of the way they treated fans and the Pourhouse should have done a much better job of handling THEIR event. Next time, if there is a next time, I'll bet they will. They have way too much at stake to let something like this set them back.

Next time, if there is a next time, I'll bet they will. They have way too much at stake to let something like this set them back.

There is and they will.

I had a bad feeling early on about this when Coors was harassing me to no end when I was helping the Pourhouse set up and didn't have a wristband on.

They are aware and they will work to make it right.

As it was their first time out they let Coors handle it, due to experience etc and didn't go as planned.

If anyone else has concerns or issues about it post them or PM me so I can take them to the Pourhouse and they can address it with Coors.

I had the same "This is a private party - go away" experience. Maybe the Pourhouse could contribute to the Greenbackers tailgate at the next home game to make up for it?

green backers will be out in full force at the next home game and all are welcome. just chip in a couple bucks to help cover the food