Under Armour

Dodge2007

No UA jerseys coming. Spoke with UA, they do not produce college jerseys for the public. UA contracts with Gear For Sports to embelish the UA jerseys. They have had several inquiries to purchase jerseys but not enough volume to justify production. Jerseys (anyones) have to be ordered in Feb (one time, once a year). I could have ordered but would have had to spend many thousands to do it and after I took the bullet for that then the sales rep would be selling them to everyone else as fast as possible. The ONLY way to get jerseys from UA for the 2009-2010 season is for enough people to commit to buy before Feb. Mean Green Gear (the official supplier for NT Athletics) needs to pony up and spend the cash. From what I can tell so far...buy knock off cause UA ain't comin!

That is ridiculous because you can clearly purchase collegiate UA jerseys from their website for the four schools that they have listed. I realize that the demand for a North Texas jersey is not going to be the same for the other four schools that they list on their site, but it would really be nice if our sponsor would allow some availability to get actual UA jerseys to match our teams instead of a knock off.

That is ridiculous because you can clearly purchase collegiate UA jerseys from their website for the four schools that they have listed. I realize that the demand for a North Texas jersey is not going to be the same for the other four schools that they list on their site, but it would really be nice if our sponsor would allow some availability to get actual UA jerseys to match our teams instead of a knock off.

Maybe the sponsorship contracts are different

It appears to me that UA is not a sponsor at all. They sell lots of uniforms (ie Southlake Carroll) but they aren't sponsors. NT simply buys uniforms from UA and nothing more.

You may be right. I have no real evidence otherwise but I just graduated last year and being around the campus and seeing the transformation of apparel in the bookstore and of what pretty much every athlete wore would suggest that we do not simply purchase from them. Again, you may know more about it then I do, but being on campus it does appear otherwise because there was a dramatic change in choices of clothing at the bookstore at the same time Dodge came to UNT and along with him came Under Armour. I can understand purchasing uniforms and apparel for the athletes but why would the bookstore also follow suit and start selling what I would guess to be about 40-60% Under Armour without some sort of deal between the university and UA?

I haven't been to the bookstore so I can't say why they would sell more UA. I do know that the bookstore is totally seperate from the University. The bookstore is a seperate company that rents space from the University. Anyone can buy UA wholesale then offer it retail. I assume the bookstore, Voertman's etc would think since the team wears UA it would sell well. I also know that several retailers (University Bookstore Voertman's etc) wanted to buy UA NT Jerseys but didn't feel they could sell the minimum amount Gear For Sports would supply. I personally have several problems with UA in general, (as pretains to NT) 1. There is no kelly green. 2. it is very expensive. 3. to purchase any UA decorated apparel it must come from one place, so I could not spend the required thousands to get NT jerseys and then re-distribute them to other retailers without making the price go above what the market would bear and even if I did they would not give me an exclusive on the product so once I purchased their minimum then everyone else could buy them by the dozen instead of hundreds. If there were a hundred retailers each buying a dozen there wouldn't be a problem getting them. The fact that more UA has appeared at NT has nothing to do with any form of contract between the University and UA.

I haven't been to the bookstore so I can't say why they would sell more UA. I do know that the bookstore is totally seperate from the University. The bookstore is a seperate company that rents space from the University. Anyone can buy UA wholesale then offer it retail. I assume the bookstore, Voertman's etc would think since the team wears UA it would sell well. I also know that several retailers (University Bookstore Voertman's etc) wanted to buy UA NT Jerseys but didn't feel they could sell the minimum amount Gear For Sports would supply. I personally have several problems with UA in general, (as pretains to NT) 1. There is no kelly green. 2. it is very expensive. 3. to purchase any UA decorated apparel it must come from one place, so I could not spend the required thousands to get NT jerseys and then re-distribute them to other retailers without making the price go above what the market would bear and even if I did they would not give me an exclusive on the product so once I purchased their minimum then everyone else could buy them by the dozen instead of hundreds. If there were a hundred retailers each buying a dozen there wouldn't be a problem getting them. The fact that more UA has appeared at NT has nothing to do with any form of contract between the University and UA.

Well I will take your word for it because like I said, I have no real reason to believe otherwise. All I want is to be able to purchase an authentic jersey like so many fans of other schools are able to do.

No UA jerseys coming. Spoke with UA, they do not produce college jerseys for the public. UA contracts with Gear For Sports to embelish the UA jerseys. They have had several inquiries to purchase jerseys but not enough volume to justify production. Jerseys (anyones) have to be ordered in Feb (one time, once a year). I could have ordered but would have had to spend many thousands to do it and after I took the bullet for that then the sales rep would be selling them to everyone else as fast as possible. The ONLY way to get jerseys from UA for the 2009-2010 season is for enough people to commit to buy before Feb. Mean Green Gear (the official supplier for NT Athletics) needs to pony up and spend the cash. From what I can tell so far...buy knock off cause UA ain't comin!

Not that I really like the new green color, but when I was in Aspen this past week, there was an UA store which had two nice green shirts. One was a collared dark green polo type shirt, with the other one being the new green with white on it (and it had the appearance of being made for UNT, minus a logo). I thought both shirts were nice. The darker green one is the same one that I bought at Hibit Sports (not sure if that is the correct spelling) a few months ago with our logo on it. I didn't see any shirts, shorts, jackets or any other thing they had in that store that had colleges on them.

This is why more people should have taken advantage of it back when we had the sweet deal of getting actual authentic game jersey's. Yes, they were $125 each, but they were the real thing. The players parents who ordered them could have traded out with their son's during the game and no one would have known otherwise, because those jersey's were the real, game jersey's, and no fan or parent of any other school in the nation that I knew of could get the same deal. We were the only ones. The only way other schools fans can get athentic game jersey's that I knew of was to buy a used one that was being sold online, and they are usually autographed and go for hundreds.

Glad I got mine when I did.

ShopMeanGreen, what did they tell you your minimum order was?

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick

This is why more people should have taken advantage of it back when we had the sweet deal of getting actual authentic game jersey's. Yes, they were $125 each, but they were the real thing. The players parents who ordered them could have traded out with their son's during the game and no one would have known otherwise, because those jersey's were the real, game jersey's, and no fan or parent of any other school in the nation that I knew of could get the same deal. We were the only ones. The only way other schools fans can get athentic game jersey's that I knew of was to buy a used one that was being sold online, and they are usually autographed and go for hundreds.

Glad I got mine when I did.

ShopMeanGreen, what did they tell you your minimum order was?

Rick

I still wish mine was the right size, if so I'd have one to wear, rather then getting a refund. ;) This is not a shot Rick... just sarcasm, and wishful thinking.

All of the UA apparel goes through Gear For Sports who adds the logo, numers etc. The sales rep for TX told me (as I remember during my shock) they would have to sell about 300 jerseys. I was told that he had several inquires but no one thought they could sell more than a couple dozen. I asked if I bought the 300 would he give me an exclusive so I could sell them to other retailers. I was told no and that if I bought 300 then he would be free to sell to other retailers by the dozen. I will try to coordinate with other retailers ( hopefully I will have several that buy from me by then) to generate enough orders for GFS to produce the jerseys for next year. All jerseys have to be puchased before March 1. (1 order, 1 time, period)

Todd

Forgive me if I am missing something, but why wouldn't the school carry them. They would sell 300 easy before the first home game this year. I was really looking forward to getting one this year. Sucks to not be able to wear the same jersey our guys do, I think it makes us look goofy.

Edited by koose

All of the UA apparel goes through Gear For Sports who adds the logo, numers etc. The sales rep for TX told me (as I remember during my shock) they would have to sell about 300 jerseys. I was told that he had several inquires but no one thought they could sell more than a couple dozen. I asked if I bought the 300 would he give me an exclusive so I could sell them to other retailers. I was told no and that if I bought 300 then he would be free to sell to other retailers by the dozen. I will try to coordinate with other retailers ( hopefully I will have several that buy from me by then) to generate enough orders for GFS to produce the jerseys for next year. All jerseys have to be puchased before March 1. (1 order, 1 time, period)

Todd

If you can get them I would buy them from you or any retailer that has them.

Forgive me if I am missing something, but why wouldn't the school carry them. They would sell 300 easy before the first home game this year. I was really looking forward to getting one this year. Sucks to not be able to wear the same jersey our guys do, I think it makes us look goofy.

This is not the only thing that makes us look goofy. Sorry don't mean be negative but this kind of stuff continues to be me down. Additionally I would buy one. Maybe 2.

Edited by filmerj

One of my goals is to keep prices as low as possible. Right now the only outlet I have is a couple tents in MGV prior to football games. The main problem with that is it's hard to sell enough product to justify the expense. There aren't really a whole bunch of people in MGV cause there really isn't much going on in there for people to come to...but that's a different topic. I am now also turning my attention to wholesale, getting more merchandise on the shelves of retailers all over the metroplex. It is very difficult to penetrate some of those markets. Yes, that sounds stupid but true. There are many hoops to jump through to sell to major outlets like Academy, Dick's, Sports Authority etc. They have expressed an intresat and even managers say they are screaming for NT merchandise but told it isn't available. I would also like to open a retail store in Denton that carries only NT merchandise but I live in Lubbock so running a store in Denton is difficult. I would also run into the problem everyone else has and that's finding merchandise to sell. I would have the same things as the Bookstore and Voertman's has now (although I already carry more true Mean Green color). The UA Jerseys are completely out of my hands. The retail price comes in at about $60 each. That's $18,000 worth of product (300 jerseys). Wholesale at best cenerio (we didn't get far enough to talk absolute numbers) would be about $10,000. Sounds like an easy $8000 until they don't sell. If the only place I can sell them is online or before football games I know I can't sell 300. Also remember that GFS would also be selling wholesale as fast as possible so those who want one now will go to Voertman's or the Bookstore to buy one. Keep your chin up things will improve and this will all be a blur in a couple of years. SIDENOTE: If the University and others not mentioned would deal with an Alum.... (ME) things may go faster. :)