First Recruit Per Rivals.

filmerj

Guest GrayEagleOne

If WR is not a great "need" position then that's all the more reason to be happy with the signing of Mayberry. With scholarships at somewhat of a premium, Dodge must think that Mayberry can become a top receiver or he wouldn't have committed (or even offered) him a scholarship. For openers, how many 4.4 receivers do we have?

If he has a downside I'd say that it's the lack of experience at wide receiver. But, because of need, many teams make their best athletes quarterbacks, usually because of speed, good hands and instincts. So give Mayberry a year to learn the ropes and we should have ourselves a fine wide receiver. Welcome!

Don't diss Montana State - they have a stadium plan that includes no student fees:

http://www.msubobcats.com/news.php?sid=fb&nid=2665

http://www.msubobcats.com/upload/pdf1_200805151210883323.pdf

This becomes another stadium thread in 3, 2, 1...

img2_200805151210883323.jpg

Behold, Montana State's stadium plans.

Ok, let's hear from everyone about how even Montana State is going to pass us up in athletics now.

Oh, one more thing, our friends over on the hilltop may be doing quite well in the 2009 recruiting arena (7 commits) but...

We're FRIENDS now? I think Hell just froze over. :lol: Congrats on your new commit! Always feels good to get the first one and more to come!

To echo Gangreen signing quality players from DISD is a major coup for TD! That has long been a bone of contention of a lot of people and this staff is doing a great job in what should be a stronghold for us.

To echo Gangreen signing quality players from DISD is a major coup for TD! That has long been a bone of contention of a lot of people and this staff is doing a great job in what should be a stronghold for us.

I still think recruiting dfw may be tough, becasue I would think most guys want to go away to college, get out of town and see the states. Just my opinion. But every one who choses to come here and td recruits is okay by me and is certainly welcome. Glad to have you here Daniel. Go Mean Green.

Every player I have ever known personally since the 80's, and that covers a lot of ground, told me the main reason they came to North Texas was because it offered them the biggest opportunity to play. Later after entrance into the Belt, those I have spoken to stated that as well as a chance to win and go to a bowl game.

Rick

whoohoo! I have been looking forward to recruits committing for a while. It's the beginning of the end of off-season! Great pick up. Lets see those athletes start rollin' in. Even with the couple of lost schollys I bet we still have a terrific recruiting class.

Thank you SHOSS - as I said below:

I just gotta say, if I were this kid - I would call Price at UTEP and take his offer after reading this board. Our fans are a bunch of whiney babies. This kid just committed to play for our school (who cares at what position?) and the very first day of the committment I am sure that he will come onto this board to read about it.. He will get to read "well, nice to have you - but who cares really, you don't play defense and we will not even give you the courtesy to say welcome aboard for 24 hours"...

His committment is an oral, non-binding committment. I almost encourage him to yank it after reading some of our fans responses.

Hey kiddo, stick it out with the Mean Green - you will be catching lots of passes from Riley someday. Don't worry, we will have a defense out there to handle that as well. Welcome aboard and thank you for seeing the vision of Todge! We all know he will do great and we are glad to have you part of the rebuilding efforts!

Agreed there are some whiny b^tches on this board. Sorry if this gets me censored. Appreciate the kid making the commitment so early. I've been pretty dissapointed by some the comments on the board as of late. I've been working for the LSu system for the past 2 years( I miss texas) but people live and breathe LSU sports...I recently made a trip to UNT to take a look and was highly encourged. In fact it was my childs first college fist( my wife is pregnant and we took some pictures around campus) I felt giddy with the improvements made around campus. It truley is feeling like an enviroment of higher education. Slowly but surley, I beleive good ole U of Nt is making some significant progress. Give a cheer for good ole U of NT. ...

He turned down THE Montana State to come here? What a steal!

Yeah, but with 4.4 forty speed, it will be quite nice to have him in Denton, on campus and the Mean Green Village. Wasn't it Boise State thta beat a school from Norman in a BCS Championship Bowl Game couple years ago because they had some outstanding team speed, ie, such as the kid has who turned Montana State down? :rolleyes: