Update About The Former Radisson Hotel

Guest 97and03

You are looking at the Master Plan and parking lots (except for the dorm lot S of Victory) are not in the plans. Parking will be across the freeway at Fouts, the Green, Yellow and part of the Orange lot. There will be a parking garage across from the Super Pit.

That fate of the parking garage is actually not known. It is in the master plan, but will most likely not be there until years after the new stadium opens, if the garage ever gets built.

Dude! I just said it was coming down. Period. You didn't believe me.

My sources are good. Trust me! ;)

The cost to renovate that POS hotel would be around $8 million. It isn't worth it. Better to just start from scratch and build exactly what you want. I do not have great info on exactly what that will be.

I have been talking with folks inside this as well, and word around the campfire is the POS Radisson is coming down, the 8 mil figure isn't far off from actual renovation costs, and that thing is ugly anyway. To create an effective hospitality laboratory enviornment something new is going to be constructed, and it is going to include a known and respected hotel name and management company, the annoucement will come as soon as ink is on paper and that will be sooner rather than later.

Costs for a new property will be greater than the 8 mil but the new property management company can also be expected to incur a good portion of the cost of construction.

Edited by hickoryhouse

I have been talking with folks inside this as well, and word around the campfire is the POS Radisson is coming down, the 8 mil figure isn't far off from actual renovation costs, and that thing is ugly anyway. To create an effective hospitality laboratory enviornment something new is going to be constructed, and it is going to include a known and respected hotel name and management company, the annoucement will come as soon as ink is on paper and that will be sooner rather than later.

Costs for a new property will be greater than the 8 mil but the new property management company can also be expected to incur a good portion of the cost of construction.

I heard they were going to put in a large parking lot....something like the carnival that comes to Golden Triangle Mall hasn't been getting much business and they wanted a new, better, parking lot to relocate to.

Guest 97and03

I heard they were going to put in a large parking lot....something like the carnival that comes to Golden Triangle Mall hasn't been getting much business and they wanted a new, better, parking lot to relocate to.

See previous comments regarding your cram hole.

Hickoryhouse, you are getting good info...

If they end up building anything resembling a 'tower' type structure, remember where you heard it first.

If there is anything you boys need to know, just let me know. :)

Edited by 97and03

The cost to renovate that POS hotel would be around $8 million. It isn't worth it. Better to just start from scratch and build exactly what you want. I do not have great info on exactly what that will be.

Well, if history were any indication, it has been proven that the university has taken the route of leveling then raising. Masters Hall, for instance...

So are a lot of the folks up in denton angry with the closing? Any one know? Just curious.

For me personally, if tearing down the hotel is for something that will eventually be better than the current situation then I would not be angry at all. I do feel for the people working their and they did lose their jobs but that is just the nature of the beast...I am sure they will find another one.