Bobby Knight To Wku?

The rumor appears to have had some validity based upon what I've read(ie Knight seems interested in coaching again and WKU might've floated him an offer to do so) - but I don't think it was ever seriously gonna happen.

You definately have way more insight into college bball than I do - but why would Knight leave Tech, take a year off, then get back into coaching? I thought he was done?

You definately have way more insight into college bball than I do - but why would Knight leave Tech, take a year off, then get back into coaching? I thought he was done?

Alot of folks seem to think Knight wasn't done with Coaching as much as he was done with Texas Tech. We shall see. Personally I wouldn't be shocked if he washes up somewhere and coaches...and likewise I wouldn't be stunned if all he does is fish. (I WOULD be flabberghasted if he stays on TV...he looks miserable on ESPN next to Phelps and Vitale)

Knight is someone who is tough to read.

Alot of folks seem to think Knight wasn't done with Coaching as much as he was done with Texas Tech. We shall see. Personally I wouldn't be shocked if he washes up somewhere and coaches...and likewise I wouldn't be stunned if all he does is fish. (I WOULD be flabberghasted if he stays on TV...he looks miserable on ESPN next to Phelps and Vitale)

Knight is someone who is tough to read.

I love his look on ESPN. He seems happy to give his insight, but shit-faced to have to sit and listen to Vitale's...um...Vitalisms. You can read "This guy Vitale is so full of shit" all over Knight's face.

I thought he was great but you're correct: he's just not going to want to drudge through that every year.

...although, I would love for him to fish his friendship with Haskins for an ESPN cameo. that would make for some great Bball talk. Just my humble, biased opinion.

He doesn't seem to like the highliter/tie man either. :D Even when giving his opinions Knight is usually hunched over and withdrawn. His insight can be good as long as he's not discussing expanding the tournament field.

Also, this article seems to give a good indication how the WKU rumor started. Knight said he might coach at a school like WKU and someone that knows Knight apparently offered to put the 2 sides in contact.

http://www.wbko.com/news/headlines/17216412.html

You are all over the info. Thanks.

:lol: No life pretty much.

But, seriously....that's one of the reasons Vitale always refers to Knight as "The General". Knight was young when he coached at Army...and one of his point guards back then was a scrawny little kid by the name of Mike Krzyzewski.

Edited by CMJ

BOWLING GREEN, Ky. -- Bob Knight is not a candidate for the basketball opening at Western Kentucky.

Athletic director Wood Selig said Thursday there was no truth to speculation that Knight would replace Darrin Horn, who left this week to become coach at South Carolina.

Click to read the rest of the article