Firefighters: Be Bilingual Or Be Demoted

Whew! Good thing there weren't any Latinos running the show over at ENRON.

That probably would have hardly made the radar in in most countries south of the border and I guarantee you no body would be going to jail.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whew! Good thing there weren't any Latinos running the show over at ENRON.

Oooh, let me play SilverEagle before he has a chance to add from the left... "Well so what, there's Enron, Exxon Valdez and Watergate" response.

Whew! Good thing Timothy McVeigh didn't know how to fly a Jet Liner.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick

That probably would have hardly made the radar in in most countries south of the border and I guarantee you no body would be going to jail.

Perhaps. Perhaps not. You can't say for sure. However, what we do know is Lay and the boys were dirty, dirty, dirty and they paid many politicians on both sides of the aisle millions for the privilege - screwing millions of people of US citizens in the process. That's the point. You speak of a fear of corruption when it is already alive and well in America.

Why in the world be concerned about some poor, uneducated illegal immigrant(s) from the south of the border and their "Culture of Corruption" and the risk they pose bringing it to America? They pose no risk. Who are they going to bribe? The coyote who brings them across? What high level position are they going to land where they can turn the screws to the general public? The people coming across the border are the poorest of the poor. They pose about as much threat of increasing corruption as they do taking anyone on this boards job. The corruption rhetoric is just veiled racism.

Edited by adman

I don't think you are a racist FFR, but you need to be careful who you listen to, just because some organization has a nice sounding name, doesn't mean they aren't white supremacists at heart.

FAIR, just like many organizations, receives donations from group that are probably less than savory. But to call them racist is a bit ridiculous, considering their board of directors is composed of various minorities and naturalized citizens from India, Asia, South America, and the Middle East. Heck, I'm willing to bet some hard core racists are members of the Mean Green Club... that doesn't make the MGC "racist".

I agree with FAIR about a border fence and stopping illegal immigration, but I disagree with them on their belief to limit immigration to 300,000 a year.

Edited by UNTflyer

I picked out that website from a search on the subject that I did and I saw nothing racist about it at all and I thought some of the solutions sounded good.

Here's the WHO WE ARE STATEMENTS:

First I understand you were mislead, I hope you can see that their founder is a racist, and that the organization has carried racist actions and consorted with racist groups.

We aren't talking about "I didn't get that job and it must be because they are racists", we are talking about "the white race is genetically superior to other races and we must defended against the non white hordes".

It doesn't matter how their mission statements read, these organizations are smart enough to now wearing storm-trooper outfits and railing against mud people is just going to disgust most Americans, insinuation is the key.

Are you in agreement or denial that illegal immigration is a problem?

Sure it is a problem, a minor one compared to things like the suspension of habeas corpus, the looming retirement explosion, the fact out military isn't up to being able to face real dangers like North Korea and China, etc.

It doesn't deserve the attention it is getting, it's being whipped up by xenophobes and racists.

The solution in my eyes is pretty simple. Guest worker program with a path for sponsorships. Just like the bracero program in the 1950's. You need to couple that with funding for a retraining program for those American's that do get displaced. There, America gets the cheap work force immigrants have always provided, the displaced Americans get to go to another job, the problem of a shrinking tax base is solved (because Americans don't want to have large families), the only problem that isn't solved is *gasp* America looks different! Xenophobia.

Xenophobia has been around since the start. Ben Franklin railed against the dirty hordes of Germans that where coming to America, refusing to assimilate, couldn't learn english and were threatening to destroy the American way of life. After the Germans others railed against the Irish not assimilating and living in their own ghettos, then the italians wouldn't learn english and wouldn't assimilate, and on and on until you get to the central americans.

Well guess what, the original immigrants almost never assimilate. It's too hard to completely lose culture. But their children are usually at least half and half, and their grandchildren are pure american and usually can't even speak their grandparents language. It's going to be no different with the immigrants that are "threatening to overrun America" now, and people would know it if they bothered to open up a history book instead of listening to sound bites from racists like John Tanton.

Edited by MeanGreenEngineer

FAIR, just like many organizations, receives donations from group that are probably less than savory. But to call them racist is a bit ridiculous, considering their board of directors is composed of various minorities and naturalized citizens from India, Asia, South America, and the Middle East.

Really? I had no ideas names like Choate, Epstein and Blodgett where of asian descent? FAIR Board of Directors

Heck, I'm willing to bet some hard core racists are members of the Mean Green Club... that doesn't make the MGC "racist".

Yes, but I am willing to bet that the founder of the MGC doesn't own a press that puts out racist book, and didn't lead other white supremacist organizations. I also doubt Mandy travelled to Europe to meet with political parties so racist they where outlawed by their own country. But then again I don't go to the quarterly meeting so maybe they do.

I agree with FAIR about a border fence and stopping illegal immigration, but I disagree with them on their belief to limit immigration to 300,000 a year.

Why? Fences don't do anything. They didn't keep the goths out of Rome, they didn't the manchus out of china, they didn't even keep the east germans in east germany. It's just going to be a colossal pork barrel project that friends of congress are going to get to build. Determined people will still get in. Unless America is willing to mine the border and machine gun people, which I hope this country hasn't gone to yet.

It doesn't deserve the attention it is getting, it's being whipped up by xenophobes and racists.

Good God.

Calling people racists and xenophobes for being concerned about a real problem, despite your head in the sand position, is an ad hominem attack of the lowest order. And then you evade the issue by saying it's no big deal. When American citizens are paying for the education, health care, and Social Security benefits of illegal aliens who don't pay a dime into the system, then I say it's a problem.

Now, if they want to live and work in America, wonderful. I'm all for it... under two conditions. Pay taxes, and learn English.

Calling people racists and xenophobes for being concerned about a real problem, despite your head in the sand position, is an ad hominem attack of the lowest order. And then you evade the issue by saying it's no big deal.

:lol: So you call out my ad hominem attack by making one of you own?

Look, Tanton is a racist. No question about it. Read his own memos, read the books his press prints. He is the founder of FAIR, and CIS and many other groups. His own words prove his racism. Stop ignoring that.

Now, if they want to live and work in America, wonderful. I'm all for it... under two conditions. Pay taxes, and learn English.

Great, let's start up the guest worker program with sponsorships.