Chad Rose

NT03

Looks like Rose might be out at least part of spring

I did some asking around today and it looks like backup offensive lineman Chad Rose could be out for at least part of spring practice that is set to begin March 6. Rose has had his arm in a sling, which has hampered him in offseason workouts.

Rose started four games last season at left guard while starter Tyler Bailey was recovering from a concussion he suffered in a car accident. Rose started at center as a redshirt freshman and sophomore.

If UNT loses Rose for an extended period, it would hamper an offensive line that has already lost Kelvin Drake. UNT's starting center had surgery on his ankle to repair torn ligaments just a few days ago. Bryan Glass was listed as the Mean Green's backup center last season, but Rose could have also slid into Drake's spot.

Posted by Brett Vito email.gif at 6:18 PM | Permalink | Comments (0) | TrackBacks (0)

For what it's worth I knew about this for weeks , I have a source on the team too , but I'm not going to put anyone's name out there for an injury report , I'll leave that to the reporters. First time I would bring something up like that , Id probably screw up the injury and mix the players name up anyways.Besides , i like the fact nautigue reports half of it and some of you go crazy.

Edited by NT03

You know it's funny... Just about everyone on this board has some source close to the program in one form or another. But all some people do is try to show off how much bigger / better their source is... I had mine too when I was in school that were close to the team. Now it's with donors and alums... My source is bigger than your source.

Edited by MeanMag

You know it's funny... Just about everyone on this board has some source close to the program in one form or another. But all some people do is try to show off how much bigger / better their source is... I had mine too when I was in school that were close to the team. Now it's with donors and alums... My source is bigger than your source.

I haven't had a good source since I moved away from Denton.

I wish Chad a speedy recovery. I had surgery on a torn labrum in November of '06. It took me about a calender year to fully recover. It probably would have been 1/2 that time if not for the following: 1) drinking too much 2) not getting enough sleep 3) not 100% dedicated to the recovery process 4) wasn't so damn old!

So knowing Chad and his discipline and work ethic, I'm guessing he should be fully recovered in about a week.

Good luck with your recovery Chad!