Hello Mean Grean Fans!

I don't see any mention of a complete stadium renovation; just endzone, academic facilities, student center and food court:

"The north end zone, the oldest part of the stadium, which is 80 years old, will undergo renovations over the next two years to add 10,000 permanent seats, a 18,000-square-foot academic center for student-athletes and staff, various academic facilities, a student center and food court that, upon completion, will serve the UT campus year-round."

From the official UT web site

"The north end renovation, which is the largest part of the $176 million stadium project, is scheduled for completion in August 2008. The two-year project will result in 47 suites, 2,000 club seats, 2,000 additional chair-back seats in the lower deck, and the ability to accommodate 10,000 more fans in regular seating. With this exciting stadium renovation, the new capacity will reach 96,000. Additional amenities will include new restrooms and concession areas, an academic center for student-athletes, a year-round food court operation and a veterans' memorial plaza."

But, never let the facts get in the way of a good story.

From the official UT web site

"The north end renovation, which is the largest part of the $176 million stadium project, is scheduled for completion in August 2008. The two-year project will result in 47 suites, 2,000 club seats, 2,000 additional chair-back seats in the lower deck, and the ability to accommodate 10,000 more fans in regular seating. With this exciting stadium renovation, the new capacity will reach 96,000. Additional amenities will include new restrooms and concession areas, an academic center for student-athletes, a year-round food court operation and a veterans' memorial plaza."

But, never let the facts get in the way of a good story.

Sure, let's not. As it says, the largest part of the $$ is for the North Endzone, the remainder is for the concession areas, restrooms, academic center, food court, etc. You can glaze it over any way you want, but overpriced comes easily to mind. <_<

Edited by NT80

Sure, let's not. As it says, the largest part of the $$ is for the North Endzone, the remainder is for the concession areas, restrooms, academic center, food court, etc. You can glaze it over any way you want, but overpriced comes easily to mind. <_<

Should have been South End Zone permanent seats in place of rented bleachers. My mistake, but this portion of the project is $25 mil---$4 mil donations and $21 mil bonds.

Steve,

Those might be some new end zone seats they're adding. There was an ad in the DMN the other day, advertising the availability of them. You have to give UT Athletics $750...just to have the right to buy those new (end zone) seats.

It is just a matter of time till UT and A&M both have more than 100k seats in their respective stadiums. One adds, then the other adds just enough to be bigger, then the other school adds more.

Hi Mean Green fans… I decided to join this board yesterday after simply lurking and reading it over the last year and a half since beginning graduate school at UNT last fall. As you may have guessed from my handle, I am a graduate of UT and a die-hard Longhorn fan. I graduated from UT in 2002 and still am a season ticket holder with my wonderful seats in the west side upper deck on the 20-yard line, 6 rows from the very top with an illustrious view of I-35. Anyway, I’m quite the sports fanatic and have enjoyed going to some Mean Green athletic events while living here in Denton. I grew up in San Antonio and am a huge Spurs fan as well (much to the dismay of my roommates).

I moved to Denton in 2006 when I started school at UNT to work on some undergrad courses required of me before beginning my graduate work in Fall ’07 in the journalism department. I got to witness the Mean Green beat WKU in wet and cold conditions in the home finale last season. Prior to that I had never seen them win in person. The only other games I saw them play in were in Austin, when I was wearing orange, and saw them lose by one point to FAU in the ’06 season.

Anyway, I just wanted to introduce myself to the board and say that I wish UNT athletics nothing but success in the future. I hope Todd Dodge can turn things around and get UNT winning the SBC regularly again. In the long-term I think UNT has a lot going for it and should have its sights set on bigger conferences like C-USA or the MWC. Last season I flew to Orlando and watched the Horns open UCF’s new stadium. I thought to myself that UCF should be a blueprint for what UNT should aspire to. UCF gave UT all we could handle that game. There’s no reason UNT couldn’t have that kind of support with the size of the enrollment, the alumni fan base, and the DFW community.

All that being said, I have a few questions to pose to you guys. What is the timetable for the new stadium I keep reading about? When would it open? What are your dream scenarios for UNT’s future conference affiliation? Personally, I’d like to see them in C-USA with UH, Rice, SMU, and UTEP. Who knows what might happen the next time there is a major shakeup in conference alignments in the college football landscape. If the Big East expands and invites a few current C-USA members, I would like to think that UNT would be on a short list to get invited to join C-USA.

I look forward to joining in on discussions with y’all in the future…

Hook ‘em & Go Green!

Welcome aboard....good to have you on the board and as a student.

Welcome aboard....good to have you on the board and as a student.

Since one Horn has surfaced, I might as well come out of the closet. As my name suggests, you can tell where I've been.

Have a son attending NT so I've been keeping up with the football happenings.

I'm from Ennis, so I've been following TD for a number of years.

Since one Horn has surfaced, I might as well come out of the closet. As my name suggests, you can tell where I've been.

Awesome! Welcome aboard. Can we expect you to attend some games then this year?

Welcome to the board! So who do you root for when the Horns and Aggies play each other?