Incoming Players?

mean green d

Guest GrayEagleOne

I don't know who these players leaving are, but there are at least six walkons that will be trying for scholarships, plus some non-scholarship athletes that had already made the squad. Banks, Ealey and Roman are the only ones that seem certain to have left at this point.

I don't know who these players leaving are, but there are at least six walkons that will be trying for scholarships, plus some non-scholarship athletes that had already made the squad. Banks, Ealey and Roman are the only ones that seem certain to have left at this point.

"The Hair" is gone what are we to do?

Amen to that MeanMag. People ripped Roman and ran that kid out of town.

I feel real sorry for Roman , he was in a NO WIN situation. He gets stuck with a HIGH SCHOOL Defensive coach who had no idea how to prepare for a COLLEGE offense , then his 1st task was to cover MALCOLM KELLY.

People please don't be all whoo raaa when a kid leaves , they are just that, KIDS. Be like me and be happy that Mendoza is gone and things will get better.

things will get better.

Amen to that. We once again have a coordinator that is used to the speed and size of D-I football. Of which Mendoza had no clue! :ph34r:

Are we able to add any more scholarships due to the players leaving?

I'm sure the staff is still looking to see if anyone slipped through the cracks. Last year we added Kaiser and Roman well after signing day. If there are any talented late qualifying or over looked kids I'm sure we'll go after them. Otherwise the extra scholarships will reward walk-ons who deserve them.

I too missed the news of Roman's departure.

I thought the "hair" thing should have been reserved for an opponent, not one of our own.

I hope he will, in fact, be back.

GO MEAN GREEN

I never hear anything official either. So question did the board just decided they didn't want him to come back and then start assuming and writing that he was gone?

I never hear anything official either. So question did the board just decided they didn't want him to come back and then start assuming and writing that he was gone?

I, too, hope that Roman returns. The kid definitely has speed. IMHO that is something you can always use.

You people are brutal. Seriously, get a life. This is not professional sports, they don't get paid to deal with that.

but they do get their education paid....i believe dodge said that is was a "180,000 gift to their parents". they play a public sport...ya, their sorta kids, but it's part of the territory.

Forgive me, but I only watched 3 games this year (SMU, MTSU, and Navy). No cable, so only watch in person, and was on vacation for some of October. I can't remember anything in those 3 games that, from anything I've heard or read about punt returns, could be blamed entirely on the punt return man. MTSU and Navy really killed us by downing punts near our 1 yard line (1 for MTSU and 2 for Navy, as I recall). Each of those resulted in a safety and an 8 to 10 ten point swing. However, those weren't touched by the returner (Roman, as I recall). Again, only what I've read or heard about punt returns, he shouldn't have attempted to field them, since the conventional wisdom is not to field a punt within the ten, since it may roll into the end zone for a touchback, and there's a great risk of an immediate 6 point swing from a mishandled punt in that area. I'm just wondering as to whether or not Evyn Roman actually should be blamed with all that went wrong on the punt return team this year, or if there was some combination of problems with that unit or otherwise (consistently bad starting field position throughout the game?), and that he was the most obvious player in those situations.

Edited by eulessismore

I'm just wondering as to whether or not Evyn Roman actually should be blamed with all that went wrong on the punt return team this year, or if there was some combination of problems with that unit or otherwise (consistently bad starting field position throughout the game?), and that he was the most obvious player in those situations.

The logical answer to your question is "no, Roman did nothing wrong on those returns."

The gmg.com answer is that anytime something isn't to our liking we need a scapegoat...Roman's as good as any.

Since we're talking about players leaving does anyone know what's up with Kevin Ealy. I did a seach and couldn't find any previous thread on where he is. He's not on the meangreensports roster anymore or listed as part of the 2007 rivals class anymore.

Asked for and was granted his release. It was mentioned in another thread and I believe in Vito's blog.

but they do get their education paid....i believe dodge said that is was a "180,000 gift to their parents". they play a public sport...ya, their sorta kids, but it's part of the territory.

So? Lots of other students get their education paid too, that's such a cop out reason. I'm not quite sure if you are ashamed to offer up that tid bit, but you should be. My education was paid for, and there was no public message board with jack assery announcing to the world when I slipped out of class to use the bathroom.

So? Lots of other students get their education paid too, that's such a cop out reason. I'm not quite sure if you are ashamed to offer up that tid bit, but you should be. My education was paid for, and there was no public message board with jack assery announcing to the world when I slipped out of class to use the bathroom.

:clapping: great point