Matt Simon Fired From San Diego

cjones

quoner knows nothing other than the crap that deon was professing to know.....funny how deon didn't seem to have a problem stealing alot of money from the Ravens with all of his injuries. LT wasn't right on Friday but they were going to give it a shot. The Chargers didn't want to be any more forthcoming of his injury than they had to be. He gave it a shot, tweaked it on the first carry and had to come out. A cutback runner is no good when his knee is loose....the dude never misses time and people are calling him out?? please...grow up. The dude had 23 carries for 125yards in 3 quarters in the playoff game against the Pats last year. He is a hall of famer ...people should just close their pie holes and quit spotting football cliches about toughness.

I hate to see anybody lose their job but I always thought Matt Simon was a jerk. He constantly complained about things that he did not have (probably with good cause) and referred to coaching in Denton, America in a sarcastic tone of voice. At times he made Darrell Dickey sound like Polyanna. I was glad to see him go from North Texas. I do not wish bad things for the man I just do not want him here.

Guest GrayEagleOne

I hate to see anybody lose their job but I always thought Matt Simon was a jerk. He constantly complained about things that he did not have (probably with good cause) and referred to coaching in Denton, America in a sarcastic tone of voice. At times he made Darrell Dickey sound like Polyanna. I was glad to see him go from North Texas. I do not wish bad things for the man I just do not want him here.

I liked Matt from the start. I met him his first day in Denton and he was always cordial to me. I think that he had some legitimate gripes about the program. I'm afraid that if I'd have had to deal with Helwig on a regular basis, that I'd have lost it more than he did.

I didn't see a lot of difference in the demeanor of Simon and Dickey. Both started out pretty well but eventually became embittered toward the athletic director. Dickey may have been a little smoother but in the end, both were equally sardonic, IMO.

I was a manager during his first 2 years at UNT. Simon was a different guy--trust me, coming from someone who had to work with him everyday, he was mentally unstable. One moment, he would be very genial, almost paternal. In the very next moment, he would turn on you, like someone with paranoia issues would. As a matter of fact, one day at practice, on a beautiful fall afternoon at Fouts, he made me go into the stands and ask a female student who was studying in her psychology text book and taking notes, to leave immediately. He was certain she was a spy. During the LSU game in 1995, he was on the sideline screaming at the ref, saying that the white official wanted him to call him, "Massah" since he was certain that the ref was racist and hated him. He got called for an unsportsmanlike-conduct penalty and just as the half ends, he turns around to me, who was carrying the cord to his headset, and just throws it right into my face, busting my lip open. Doesn't say a word about it until I go up to him on Monday afternoon at practice to say that this was just crazy. His response was, "I heard that happened--very unfortunate." Like I said, he was just unstable. Never was one to apologize. Ahh the stories that could be told from that time frame.... I feel no sympathy for the man getting fired--absolutely none.

Wow, a whole different side than the one he projected in casual contact! The side I remember was open to football conversation and could give a good motivational talk. I don't doubt your experience at all, it's just like we're describing two different people. Maybe what you saw was his "game face".

quoner knows nothing other than the crap that deon was professing to know.....funny how deon didn't seem to have a problem stealing alot of money from the Ravens with all of his injuries. LT wasn't right on Friday but they were going to give it a shot. The Chargers didn't want to be any more forthcoming of his injury than they had to be. He gave it a shot, tweaked it on the first carry and had to come out. A cutback runner is no good when his knee is loose....the dude never misses time and people are calling him out?? please...grow up. The dude had 23 carries for 125yards in 3 quarters in the playoff game against the Pats last year. He is a hall of famer ...people should just close their pie holes and quit spotting football cliches about toughness.

I don't give a shit that he was hurt or anything else. You get off your ass and you cheer for your team, not pull down your visor and cry about it. He did the same act in the Colts game. It's not the non-laying, it is the lack of reaction or cheering into the game. If he is going to take it upon himself to call out teams like the Patriots when he loses games like last postseason, he can at least clap and wave a towel like you see most guys do.

To repeat: I'm not calling him out for missing time. I am annoyed he couldn't find the time to cheer for his team. Go read a Charger fan blog if you think I'm the only one. I am not familiar with the opinions of Primetime on this nor do I care. He is worthless. Deion will probably have some free time to beg for coaching openings the way he begged for ours last year because he sucks at life. He will never get a chance to molest or adopt or whatever the hell he did to kids like Devine again. I imagine him now as the Michael Jackson of troubled high school athletes with star potential.

I said nothing about LT's toughness and I'm going to go grow up now so I can handle a big boy issue like running back play.

I do however love that greenminer entertained the idea that I have a source with the Chargers. I often take Josh Lewin horseback riding.

I don't give a shit that he was hurt or anything else. You get off your ass and you cheer for your team, not pull down your visor and cry about it. He did the same act in the Colts game. It's not the non-laying, it is the lack of reaction or cheering into the game. If he is going to take it upon himself to call out teams like the Patriots when he loses games like last postseason, he can at least clap and wave a towel like you see most guys do.

To repeat: I'm not calling him out for missing time. I am annoyed he couldn't find the time to cheer for his team. Go read a Charger fan blog if you think I'm the only one. I am not familiar with the opinions of Primetime on this nor do I care. He is worthless. Deion will probably have some free time to beg for coaching openings the way he begged for ours last year because he sucks at life. He will never get a chance to molest or adopt or whatever the hell he did to kids like Devine again. I imagine him now as the Michael Jackson of troubled high school athletes with star potential.

I said nothing about LT's toughness and I'm going to go grow up now so I can handle a big boy issue like running back play.

I do however love that greenminer entertained the idea that I have a source with the Chargers. I often take Josh Lewin horseback riding.

His visor is always down, because it is attached to his facemask.

Griping because he isn't waving a towel? Come on, they are playing in NE. It's not like he's going to get the 4 or 5 San Diego fans up and yelling by waving a towel. Who knows what he did on the sideline. Maybe he spent the afternoon giving advice to Turner and Sproles? Nobody knows what he did for sure except LT, his teammates and coaches.

Fans are going to bitch on a message board. Look at the Dallas fan's that bitch about Romo. It is ridiculous, but it is what fans do.