Season Ticket Renewals For 2008

MeanGreen61

Well after seeing some of your stories about mgc, I am gong to have to wait to join, I think...

Ugh. You know, the MGC is there to benefit the students and raise scholarship money for all the athletes at UNT.

I think those who are withholding their donations because of one person need to rethink this and do what's best for the athletic department. Silently keeping your money in your pocket will not change what's wrong with the MGC. I suggest donating and including a strongly-worded letter to Rick Villareal about the issues you have, stating that you might consider a larger gift next year if you notice improvements.

I love my University and will give it all I can. I have a problem with helping someone's numbers who I cannot stand. "MGC donations are up X number of dollars since I arrived" type of thing. What about 4 conference championships, 4 bowl games, and what about hiring a popular coach that has brought in the best recruiting classes in decades? If I have an issue with a salesperson or company, I will not buy from them, the problem here is that she has a monopoly on MGC donations. I will wait in the hopes that she leaves for "better opportunities".

P.S. I know I'm stubborn and hard-headed but that is just the way it is. I refuse to give to any cause being run by someone who has called me a nobody.

Edited by Cr1028

I hear that if you plan on going to the LSU game they are going to be given to the MGC members on a priority basis, and there are not many tickets to begin with. So if you plan on going like I do to LSU you need to join. Besides only North Texas Athletics benifits from your donation not Mandy...GREEN UP and donate....

I love my University and will give it all I can. I have a problem with helping someone's numbers who I cannot stand. "MGC donations are up X number of dollars since I arrived" type of thing. What about 4 conference championships, 4 bowl games, and what about hiring a popular coach that has brought in the best recruiting classes in decades? If I have an issue with a salesperson or company, I will not buy from them, the problem here is that she has a monopoly on MGC donations. I will wait in the hopes that she leaves for "better opportunities".

P.S. I know I'm stubborn and hard-headed but that is just the way it is. I refuse to give to any cause being run by someone who has called me a nobody.

So your problem with one person is reason enough to withold financial support for your school's athletic program financially? :wacko:

Edited by MeanGreen61

I wish I understood better why there is this animosity towards Mandy and the MGC. It worries me a bit. I know who she is when I see her, but I honestly have never had a conversation with her and I've been a member for a LONG time. I make my donation, we show up, sign in at the deck, and enjoy being there and having a few beers before kick off. Why on Earth whould she ever intentionally be rude to anyone?

Ugh. You know, the MGC is there to benefit the students and raise scholarship money for all the athletes at UNT.

I think those who are withholding their donations because of one person need to rethink this and do what's best for the athletic department. Silently keeping your money in your pocket will not change what's wrong with the MGC. I suggest donating and including a strongly-worded letter to Rick Villareal about the issues you have, stating that you might consider a larger gift next year if you notice improvements.

I have only great things to say about Mandy. She has helped our family many times every year. She is the main reason we are in the MGC.

I have only been a member this past year and have no clue who anyone is. If there is a problem I will say again..."this is OUR University" and if many of us need to make a stink something may get done.

Mandy is part of the MGC... I don't know her "official" title, but she's supposed to schmooze the donors at events. She talked to me once... she first asked my name, then asked what my donor level was. When I told her I was a Victory donor, she suddenly looked like she had somewhere else to go. Since then she has only briefly said hi in the Green room before basketball games.

And that's fine... I know my donation level is kind of low compared to the big fish and we do need someone to massage the big donors. I just don't think Mandy is it. That being said, until we get a couple hundred in the Green Room every night I see no reason why Mandy can't talk to everyone that shows up.

Well, I will think about it. It has always been a dream of mine to be a donor to my university, which I love and want to see succeed. I wish I could be one of those "big gun" donors that can change the face of the program unfortunately right now I can only pull out the cap gun. Maybe Someday.

Edited by filmerj

I hear that if you plan on going to the LSU game they are going to be given to the MGC members on a priority basis, and there are not many tickets to begin with. So if you plan on going like I do to LSU you need to join. Besides only North Texas Athletics benifits from your donation not Mandy...GREEN UP and donate....

Not entirely true.

Rick