Cfn Sunbelt Round Up

StealthEagle84

This is off the the collegefootballnews website.

"North Texas … The North Texas offense moved well on Middle Tennessee, but 13 penalties and five turnovers were way too much to overcome. The running game has to be established over the last month. Jamario Thomas is a good back who isn't getting nearly enough work. He ripped off a 77-yard touchdown dash right away, and finished with 89 yards. That's inexcusable. The defense, for the most part, didn't do a bad job considering MT put 48 points on the board.

What the hell is that supposed to mean?

The defense, for the most part, didn't do a bad job considering MT put 48 points on the board.

What the hell is that supposed to mean?

I think it means if the offense hadn't given Muts 5 turnovers then their score would have been much lower, that it wasn't all the defense's fault. Valid to some extent but the D still allowed a backup QB to march the team up and down the field in the second half without much resistence. Special teams whiffed also.

I think it means if the offense hadn't given Muts 5 turnovers then their score would have been much lower, that it wasn't all the defense's fault. Valid to some extent but the D still allowed a backup QB to march the team up and down the field in the second half without much resistence. Special teams whiffed also.

Craddock isnt exactly a back up...Dasher got a chance to play when Craddock was hurt early in the year and has earned his time b/c of his versatility. Most felt Craddock was the second best QB in the Belt behind Hughabook when the season started.

Five turnovers killed us and forced the defense out on the field WAY too much...quick scoring drives and three and outs didn't help much either. I agree with CFN...I thought the D played well and actually adjusted throughout the game...Green and Agbottah bit on one double move early and MTSU tried it again later and Kartay should've had a pick.

It could mean that the Defense played very well considering the following:

1) Offensive turnovers put our defense in some field position holes.

2) We held MTSU to several 3 and outs.

3) Our defense was on the field for a long time with their backs against the wall and still played well.

4) Of those 48 points, 17 can be attributed to Special Teams miscues.

Guest 97and03

It could mean that the Defense played very well considering the following:

1) Offensive turnovers put our defense in some field position holes.

2) We held MTSU to several 3 and outs.

3) Our defense was on the field for a long time with their backs against the wall and still played well.

4) Of those 48 points, 17 can be attributed to Special Teams miscues.

5) Our offense scored 4 points for them also

Guest 97and03

haha, yes our offense did score 4 for them...kind of like making a basket on the wrong goal! OOPS! Maybe we should have blocked their flyers on punt so the ball would roll into the end zone instead of having the ball at the 6 inch line!

Oh don't get me wrong, the special teams mistakes definately led to those 4 points. But the blocking is what scored them (I guess others will also cite play calling on one of them).