Unt Vs. Ull

chrisfisher

Today's game can be viewed on Mean Green Premium (paid only) at meengreensports.com or on ESPN360.com. ESPN360 is free if your internet provider partners with them. I am torn as to which service I will use to watch the game. I really want to have our announcers with ESPN360 video feed b/c the EPSN360 video is superior to any online video I have watched, including Mean Green Premium. I know the next suggest is to use the audio from the radio and only watch ESPN360 video... can't usually do that b/c of the internet delay in the feed. Oh well, I am certainly not going to complain... having multiple viewing options is a good dilemma.

Is there some reason why you wouldn't watch the game on Channel 21?

BTW....the Sun Belt TV announcers are bad. So, I plan on having the radio on, and hearing Georgie and Hank announce the game....while watching on TV. (even though the TV is delayed, since I'm on satellite).

That's how I listen to Cowboy games......with Brad and Babe...while watching whatever network it's on.

BTW....the Sun Belt TV announcers are bad. So, I plan on having the radio on, and hearing Georgie and Hank announce the game....while watching on TV. (even though the TV is delayed, since I'm on satellite).

That's how I listen to Cowboy games......with Brad and Babe...while watching whatever network it's on.

I didn't realize it was on Channel 21 also. I'll have to check that out.

Edited by chrisfisher

Being as that I don't live near the Metroplex, I thought I would check out that espn360.com. Unfortunately, I hit a couple snags: (1) My provider does not carry espn360.com. (2) They do not show the UNT game as one of the games they are offering.

I had the Mean Green Premium in the past, but it's just not very good. I can stream George and Hank's broadcast off KWRD and not miss nearly as much.

Being as that I don't live near the Metroplex, I thought I would check out that espn360.com. Unfortunately, I hit a couple snags: (1) My provider does not carry espn360.com. (2) They do not show the UNT game as one of the games they are offering.

I had the Mean Green Premium in the past, but it's just not very good. I can stream George and Hank's broadcast off KWRD and not miss nearly as much.

You can't get it if you provider doesn't subscribe. However, the UNT/ULL game is definitely on the channel line up for today. I double checked it before I started this thread. You may just not be able to see it b/c you provider doesn't subscribe to ESPN360.

I want to listen to the guys, but the allure of actually watching the game on ESPN360 will be too much.

I hear ya... I suspect ESPN360 will win out in my house... that is unless it is not on actual TV, which another poster suggested in this thread...

STOP THE PRESS.... This game is on TV and in HD!!! I have Verizon FIOS and found the game KTXA in HD.... I'll definitely watch this game on TV!!

I know the game will be broadcast on KTXA's HD channel (KTXA-DT). But will the game actually be televised in HD? Not all programming on KTXA-DT is high definition. For standard definition programming, they'll upconvert to HD and add the black bars to each side of the video. I hope the game really is televised in HD!!!

I know the game will be broadcast on KTXA's HD channel (KTXA-DT). But will the game actually be televised in HD? Not all programming on KTXA-DT is high definition. For standard definition programming, they'll upconvert to HD and add the black bars to each side of the video. I hope the game really is televised in HD!!!

Not sure... it could just be up-converted HD... either way, it will look pretty decent on my huge wide screen HDTV!!

Edited by chrisfisher

It probably won't be HD. It'll most likely just be 4:3 with the bars on either side. If you aren't in the metroplex it's on gameplan. On Directv it's channel 781. If you don't subscribe to ESPN Gameplan you can buy it for the day. On Directv a daily purchase is $21.95. If not go to a bar that shows Gameplan and maybe you can get them to put it up.

STOP THE PRESS.... This game is on TV and in HD!!! I have Verizon FIOS and found the game KTXA in HD.... I'll definitely watch this game on TV!!

No offense, but didn't I just tell you that....earlier in this thread.

Another option for out of towners.....today's game, next week's game (ULM), and the Arkansas State game...are all on ESPN Game Plan.

Edited by SUMG

No offense, but didn't I just tell you that....earlier in this thread.

None taken... I wanted to add the fact that it was also broadcast in HD, which you did not mention. For us HD'ers that is important information.

(point one) No offense, but didn't I just tell you that....earlier in this thread.

(point two) Another option for out of towners.....today's game, next week's game (ULM), and the Arkansas State game...are all on ESPN Game Plan.

Re: point one, yes.

Re: point two, gracias, senor. I just got Game Day daily pass for $21 and will get the UNT game on Time Warner Cable here in Austin! Unfortunately, two weeks ago I suffered through the video feed on the MeanGreenSports.com website premium feed. Evidently, premium means video with no sound.

This how I do UNT games and Cowboy games.

i'm really looking forward to this game. one of my really good friends is a huge lala fan and i've been egging him on about this game for a year now. i'll hoping to spend at least half the game on the phone saying "did you see that pass?" "did you see that touchdown!?" "we're totally blowing you guys out!" :D